is there anyone on here who happens to have this condition? if so, please describe.

To those who don't know, use google, its not an illness really.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
I know its an AFI song
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Numbers have arbitrary colors for me... but something like 50% of people do that.
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=hearing-colors-tasting-sh-2003-05

Great introduction to synesthesia, but only preview on the main page.

Full article is available here. Mods, just take this link down if you feel it is inappropriate (linking to other forum). Just couldn't find the full-text anywhere else.
i wish i had it, it would be awsome to see colours when im listening to music, or see words floating around when i hear them. i do see numbers in different colours though.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
I've got a friend who can taste colours, its not always the colour the food is though, and he claims this confuses him so he doesn't eat them.

Pretty lame hah.
Quote by mercedesisbenz
is there anyone on here who happens to have this condition? if so, please describe.

To those who don't know, use google, its not an illness really.

Eh.. yeah it is.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
There's a book based on it, by a scottish writer called Nichola Morgan. It's called 'Mondays are red' and it's about a boy who wakes up in hospital with synesthesia. Really good book

Is it not like you associate normal sounds, tastes etc with colours?
I'm sure there was a famous composer who had it, and he would tell his orchestra 'Make it bluer! bluer!'
and they wouldn't know what he was talking about...
We're just dancing
We're just hugging,singing, screaming, kissing, tugging
On the sleeve of how it used to be
woah i didn't know there was a name for this.. each chord i play is a different colour, and makes me feel a different way.. it's like each one is a story.
@several Posts up: Vilayanur Ramachandran is an awesome psychologist, you need to hear him talk.

The color green is number 5 to me. All the primary colors range from 1-10

I get weird feelings with prime and square numbers.

Sadly, no musical attributes. I'm even tone deaf.
Quote by Haggard13
I know its an AFI song

i love you for actually knowing that
OMG...i'm a girl.

GOO INDIGO TEAM!

X
I feel I could colour certain albums or songs, which also would reflect their mood as well as sound, weird stuff!
Xbox Live Gamertag: AndrewTanner87
I've experienced it while using LSD, but I don't have it as a permanent condition, it's really hard to describe other than the basic definition.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Haggard13
I know its an AFI song

Arrrrrgh! I am working on an electronic song and I was gonna call it Synesthesia! They beat me too it.
Quote by Mumbo Jumbo
Arrrrrgh! I am working on an electronic song and I was gonna call it Synesthesia! They beat me too it.

you can stil call it synesthesia, they cant be the only ones who get to use that word.
I had green and purple for dinner.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
When I was really young I would associate days of the week, months, and numbers with certain colours, however I can't do it anymore.

Some scientists believe that all people are born with synesthesia and simply grow out of it.
Quote by XcadeyX
i love you for actually knowing that

find the demo of it. the demos actually better imo then the full version.
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
Quote by Just_Matt
I have this type of synesthesia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_form
But with another form, not the one in the pic.
Anyone else has it?

And I think its actually a condition not an illness.

so are you really really good at math then? I remember there was a video I watched in class about this guy who didn't like going to the beach because he gets too tempted to count the grains of sand, among other obscurities in his everyday life.
Yeah, I have it for music! For example, Metropolis by dream theater is aqua/light green and One by Metallica is deep blue. I remember songs by their color, and I didn't even realize I did that before I heard about this a little while ago.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by mercedesisbenz
so are you really really good at math then? I remember there was a video I watched in class about this guy who didn't like going to the beach because he gets too tempted to count the grains of sand, among other obscurities in his everyday life.

No. I have that too, I didn't even know it had a name. But I suck at math.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by CoreysMonster
you can stil call it synesthesia, they cant be the only ones who get to use that word.

But it's less cool that way.
I experienced when I did LSD, but I don't have it.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I've experienced it while using LSD, but I don't have it as a permanent condition, it's really hard to describe other than the basic definition.

Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by heaven's gate
I may have number form synesthesia. I wish I had the sound/music synesthesia.

The Editors' lead guitar player has it and he writes awesome atmospheric soundscapes.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Mumbo Jumbo
But it's less cool that way.

you just have to remember that afi sucks so it doesn't really matter that they used the word.

and to everyone who has it, if you could describe how it actually effects you instead of 'i see colors and feel funny sometimes' it would be awesome.... like, can you think of if you developed it, or if you have had it from birth, and if you think you developed it, is it from a particular association, or did it come out of nowhere. Also, are your family members aware, or is it just something you have to yourself that hasn't been diagnosed/recognized by a psychologist or someone.
Quote by mercedesisbenz

Well yes, it helps a little.
Wow, Id like to see someone trying to count grains of sand, poor guy...
Holy shit I didnt know there was a word for this

every song, chord, letter, Taste, number, month, day of the week, etc has a different color in my head

and the months of the year align themself in a certain shape

I didnt know that its not like that for everyone

EDIT: i'm also not bad at math. I took 9th grade algebra in 6th grade
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Last edited by iantheman at Nov 2, 2008,
Quote by Green_Jelly
No. I have that too, I didn't even know it had a name. But I suck at math.

Really it doesnt help you in anyway? how do you see them? what form?

EDIT: ^"and the months of the year align themself in a certain shape" I have that too, I havent realized, the days of the week too.
Quote by michal23
Some scientists believe that all people are born with synesthesia and simply grow out of it.

All babies are completely synesthetic when first born as they can't differentiate the signals bouncing around their brains. Pleasure, pain, touch, sight, hunger, thirst, etc. Its all just a giant miss mash of neuronal inputs, so the baby has less of an idea of whats wrong when its crying than you do. Not sure exactly how long this state lasts, but funny to think that we all were in a stage of psychedelic bliss at one point of our lives.
i used to associate things with colors, i don't as much anymore.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562