Page 1 of 2
I just got back from Buckethead at the BB King Blues Club in New York. Very disappointing. After being reassured by the box office that tickets would be sold at the door, they were sold out. Luckily before the show started they released some more tickets, so we got in.

Buckethead was AMAZING as usual, but he was having equipment trouble, and eventually cancelled only an hour or so into the set

So pit, what are some of your worst experiences?
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Propagandhi in Edmonton... great show, from what I can vaguely remember... I got too loaded
every time i see motley crue every time they do home sweet home vince and nikki are just pissed the entire time cause there having equipment trouble and they keep looking to the side of the stage. i just wanna hear it done right lol
MS fest 2008. 2 hours in i smashed heads with someone in a circle pit and got concussed. don't remember a fair portion of the day and spent most of it with a huge headache, feeling sleepy
you cant cancel in the middle of a set? that would just be ending the show, right? and an hour isnt bad.

I went to go see the Faint, and I dont know why I didnt see it coming, but half the venue turned into a dance club, and i didnt really mind at first, people need to have fun, let em do what they like, until some guy (one of the gay guys who feels the need to be overly flamboyant and shove it in peoples faces that hes special or something) shoved his way up to the front where me and some friends were standing and kept trying to puch people away so he could dance, he was kicking all around and shit and squealing, then no one moved and he started grinding, unfortunately on me, so i pushed him off and told him not to grind his ass on me. to go somewhere else with that. he looked at me, gave me a giggle, and said "Im sorry hun, this is my band, and im going to do whatever the **** i want." and started doing it again, and also he kept stepping on some poor girl behind us. finally i got sick of him after trying to talk to him numerous times, and threw him down and told him to **** off, he laughed at me, and tried to start doing some weird move, and hit the girl again, before i could even do anything frmo there, her bigass biker looking boyfriend (me and him didnt fit in at all, he had a giant beard and leatherjacket and shit, i had big lemmy chops at the time, it was funny) grabbed him by the throat, threatened him and finally scared him away to the other side of the crowd.

sorry for the wall, to some up : some guy grinded on me, laughed at me trying to talk to him about it, i began to take action, didnt need to finish because some giant dude scared him away first.
I was very, VERY close to getting kicked out of Iron Maiden for buying booze. I'm never trying that again ever until im old enough.
Saw Snot, 10 Years, and Mudvayne this tuesday and there was a queer, fat loner headbanging, swinging his arms, and dancing right in front of me. To make things worse, Mudvayne had a light show and the fat guy was right in between one of the main lights and me, so i would just see a big, fat silhouette moving around.

EDIT: Did i mention he was fat?

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Nov 2, 2008,
Quote by 777Corey
you cant cancel in the middle of a set? that would just be ending the show, right? and an hour isnt bad.

He was the only one playing though, no openers. And half the time he did gimmicky things because his amp was malfunctioning.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Ugh. I just had one. I got back from seeing The Mahoney Bros.

And George and I were havin' a good time. Smilin', laughin', smirkin' back and forth at each other. I sang every song, he played his solos TO ME, and it was amazing. Great time, right? Nope. He tossed his pick to me, I caught it... SOME PUNK COMES UP AND STEALS IT.

Worst part is... George saw and did absolutely nothing about it. Didn't give me the pick, didn't tell the kid to give it back... This kid didn't even recognize Imagine. IMAGINE!

Ugh. So... disappointing... I'm so sad right now.

...Ugh.

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
After the second night of Iron Maiden, I was so dehydrated I was about to pass out, and at the same time I almost pissed myself. But apart from that, it was all good... Oh, and at Machine Head some **** made me sit down (I was stuck with seat tickets)
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by cd>mp3
Well, there WAS the time I went to see Dragonforce

lol best experience i had..

i went to see them with machinehead. the beer queue was outside and was about 170 people long. these 2 guys were like 'shit the force are on stage.....do you want our beers because you cant take them inside'. I didnt hear one sweep pick.

/win
I just saw Buckethead at the culture room in Florida last Sunday...that sucks for ya man. He was amazing here and it was my first concert too

Forgot to add, well it wasn't exactly bad but some old guy with glasses cut through me and my friend while we were on the small balcony with a fake chicken and threw it at buckethead during the song ''Jordan'' and he picked it up like ''wtf?'' There's a vid here actually

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1BT6as7NnM

:21 seconds in
Last edited by Rave765 at Nov 2, 2008,
Quote by Tw8xy

these 2 guys were like 'shit the force are on stage.....do you want our beers because you cant take them inside'.

I had 2 people do something like that at Priest, yay for Free beer... Too bad the beer there was shit and warm >.<
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I was at social distortion concert and some guy (he was about 6'3 and probably about 300 pounds) decides he wants to crowd surf so he jumps on top of me i try to throw him off of me because i cant handle him by myself but he holds on to my shirt and falls to the ground i was fine but my new shirt wasn't, ohh and the guy next to me smelled like shit and some other guy kept on farting.
This one time I went to a Guns N' Roses concert. Need I say more?
Quote by timo1
I used to go on the computer in the morning and look up 'naked female breasts' on Google.
It came up with a picture of a duck
i went to a government warning show with my gf at the time (some guys will do anything to get laid lol) and some skinhead nazi ****head stomped on my foot...breaking it...then pushed me down and proceeded to kick my shins. no idea why. after that ended up getting trampled by the people moshing.

Ps i did nothing to the nazi. that was the first time i even saw him that night. he was just doing what skinheads do, this is being a dick.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
second time I saw Type O Negative....I like the band, don't get me wrong, but that music is incredibly boring live unless you are on some kind of substance. I literally almost fell asleep against the barrier.
Nerve threads decoding the stream of the reality-inverting revolution
The patterned untruth of non-dream:
The closed-eye
visual delusion.
At Download 08 at Dillinger Escape Plan the vocalist (Don't even know it is my bf wanted to see them I wanted to see the whole Kiss set >=[) chucked out the mic stand and it hit me in the eye and I had to miss the whole of the end of kiss set so only saw about 20 mins of it. =[
I was going to see Bob Dylan at the Borgata in Atlantic City last year. I got there early and for some reason decided to sneak into soundcheck. Well they caught me, and threw me out and confiscated my ticket (though they were kind enough to refund it). That night, Dylan played my favorite song of his, "Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again," which I still have yet to see him play after ten shows.
Quote by LondonGeetarist
This one time I went to a Guns N' Roses concert. Need I say more?

One time I was supposed to go to GNR, but they decided to cancel their California shows to "work on Chinese Democracy."

Mind you, they played the rest of their shows on their tour, but skipped FOUR dates in California, I mean honestly, what the hell Axl?!
Staind Jagermeister tour in 2006, I got hit in the head with a beer bottle, yacked on by a drunk guy, accused and then searched by police for "having weed" and then the girl I took passed out and hit her head and head to go to the hospital.

Worst concert experience ever..only got to see Staind do like...five songs maybe.
Probably when I saw KoRn/Mudvayne/10 Years in 2006...Mudvayne played all their stuff way too slowly, and they just seemed uninspired for most of the set. Hearing "-1" live was pretty awesome, though.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
I went to go see the Misfits the on the 3rd, It sucked I got sick from some nasty french fries. And spent the whole night throwing up in the bathroom which is unfortunate because they are my favourite band. As soon as we pulled in i started throwing up then a cop came over and accused me of drinking i said no and he repeatedly said "bullsh|t." i offer to take a breathalyzer and he said it was only if I was driving. It was a sad night.
Quote by GeetarAbuse
Probably when I saw KoRn/Mudvayne/10 Years in 2006...Mudvayne played all their stuff way too slowly, and they just seemed uninspired for most of the set. Hearing "-1" live was pretty awesome, though.

Crossfade was like that, worst live performance EVER.
Some dude hit me really hard in the head with a cast at my friend's boyfriend's gig... that was probably the worst concert experience ever. He got arrested after the concert for beating up a homeless guy, so I guess it all evens out.
When I saw 3 Doors Down, Staind and Hinder this summer. 3 Doors Down bored me so much I left and ended up having a breakdown over the phone while talking to my mother ( for reasons I won't go into). That coupled with Hinders suckitude (worst. live. band. ever), a yawn inspiring generic opening band and the absolute shittiness of the crowd (They didn't know how to deal with crowd surfers at all) makes that the worst concert I have attended.
Pretty crappy bands to go see if you ask me but if thats what you like I hope the next go around is more pleasurable.
Quote by Iliemyfaceoff
Pretty crappy bands to go see if you ask me but if thats what you like I hope the next go around is more pleasurable.

I only went to see Staind (who were pretty good) and to spend time with my little brother (who only went to see 3 Doors Down) because I hadn't really hung out with him all summer. Neither of us were impressed with Hinder at all. My brother got wierd looks from people because he refused to rock out when instructed to by the douche of a singer.

I tend to avoid mainstream rock concerts (due to my dislike of all but a few bands in that genre). Normally I'd go to a metal show (which I did do the week before. Summer Slaughter). That show kicked ass.
Last edited by djurico666 at Dec 13, 2008,
Well its good you were spending time with your brother next time you should bring him along to a metal show lol. Break him in a bit.
Page 1 of 2