Page 1 of 2
I was reading T.V. Guide, and they had a list of shows that obviously aren't about politics, necessarily, but they displayed views of a certain side. They had Democratic Shows, Bipartisan Shows, and Republican Shows as their categories and I saw South Park under Republican Shows.

Would you guys consider it that? I wouldn't consider it democrat or republican. Especially after the Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich episode.
I would say it's pretty impartial, but I definitely think it is more liberal leaning.
Yeah, South Park just shits on everything.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I would say it is neither.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Yeah.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Yeah, I wouldn't call it a Republican show. Especially after the mountain lions were taken to an abortion clinic so they could learn how to perform abortions..
They really just attack everything they can, which is great. I actually love the fact that it's not one sided. Probably more liberal than conservative, if I had to choose.

~Frussie

Michael Jackson - Forever loved
they are probably considered republican because its like the only show that never made fun of bush
X
Quote by QuiatFat
It's neither.
It basically shits everywhere.

fixed.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
i think they definately lean that way a little they where pretty savage on hillary.
Quote by yup
they are probably considered republican because its like the only show that never made fun of bush

the whole 9/11 conspiracy episode isnt about bush at all??
Quote by QuiatFat
It's neither.
It basically shits on both sides of the political spectrum.

I concur...
well there was that episode where cartman dressed as hitler and the KKK for halloween so probably Republican
well since most christens vote republican and since south park is a show with no morality watsoever and shits on christens as much as possible i think it would be more liberal
Once those guys (stone & parker) find the Pit, it'll be South Park: Green Duck FTW!
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
They hate everyone. That's why they fired Isaac Hayes - because he got pissed about them hating on Scientology, and they told him to either hate everyone equally or to fuck off.
u just have to look at team america to see how they feel about both politcal party. They bag the republicans through team america and democrats through the "Film Actors Guild". I dont think either side comes out on top
Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
Quote by srvkicks@$$
well since most christens vote republican and since south park is a show with no morality watsoever and shits on christens as much as possible i think it would be more liberal

you spelled christians wrong twice. obviously you are an athest. also i dont believe most christians vote republican thats a sweeping statement.
One thing I've noticed is that they never make fun of Bush, save for the "giant douche" vs "turd sandwich" reference. The rest of the time, Bush is shown as not necessarily good, but not stupid either.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Tw8xy
you spelled christians wrong twice. obviously you are an athest. also i dont believe most christians vote republican thats a sweeping statement.

Is this supposed to be a joke?
South Park constantly mocks both sides of the political spectrum. That's why I love it.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Quote by fudger
the whole 9/11 conspiracy episode isnt about bush at all??

not really i dont think
I think they were showing how ridiculous conspiracy theories are
specifically loose change and all that
X
its neither. its a show where two guys who hate absolutely everything just make fun of absolutely everyone for doing anything. god i love that show
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by yup
pretty short-sighted if that's their reasoning.

these guys kind stay away from politicians in general and focus on celebrities and weird twists on political issues.

and yeah, they pretty much shit on everyone. ya gotta respect them for that part.

come to think of it, celebrities in music and movies tend to be more democrats than republicans. so more democrats are getting shit on. maybe that's why they think it's a republican show.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Is it just me or has South Park become at least somewhat shitty as of late? I used to love the show in its "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride" era, but now it just seems like every episode tries to have some sort of underlying political message. Now this alone I wouldn't mind, as I am very involved in politics (I am liberal) and enjoy many forms of entertainment that contain within them a political message (mainly music), but it just seems to me that although the episodes come off as preachy they never quite make any specific points. Or in some cases they parody individuals in ways which are not at all accurate (or very funny for that matter). I mean, really, the whole "Al Gore and Manbearpig" thing was just stupid. And if Manbearpig is somehow a symbol for global warming/global climate change then the episode is implying that this threat is false (which it is not). Also, I will admit that Gore is slightly egotistical and annoying as shit sometimes, he never claimed to have been the first to discover the possibility of global warming and I believe we would be a lot better off right now if he won the 2000 election (which he actually did). I know this rant is poorly worded, but you get the idea.

BeastEdit: And another thing. The latest couple episodes with the giant Guinea Pigs. What the **** was that? It wasn't funny. It seems like the show has just turned to complete shit since it became massively popular and the animation improved.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Last edited by Beast_Within at Nov 2, 2008,
Tw8xy
you spelled christians wrong twice. obviously you are an athest.

You spelled atheist wrong. Obviously, you are a christian.
Quote by Spamwise
You spelled atheist wrong. Obviously, you are a christian.

yeah i meant to obviously hence the retort. im a bit high.
Quote by Tw8xy

yeah i meant to obviously hence the retort. im a bit high.

You spelled "Retard" wrong.
Quote by LordBishek
You spelled "Retard" wrong.

I am not sure if you're being funny but I think he meant he "retorted" to the statement made by the other guy.
Quote by Beast_Within
Is it just me or has South Park become at least somewhat shitty as of late? I used to love the show in its "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride" era, but now it just seems like every episode tries to have some sort of underlying political message. Now this alone I wouldn't mind, as I am very involved in politics (I am liberal) and enjoy many forms of entertainment that contain within them a political message (mainly music), but it just seems to me that although the episodes come off as preachy they never quite make any specific points. Or in some cases they parody individuals in ways which are not at all accurate (or very funny for that matter). I mean, really, the whole "Al Gore and Manbearpig" thing was just stupid. And if Manbearpig is somehow a symbol for global warming/global climate change then the episode is implying that this threat is false (which it is not). Also, I will admit that Gore is slightly egotistical and annoying as shit sometimes, he never claimed to have been the first to discover the possibility of global warming and I believe we would be a lot better off right now if he won the 2000 election (which he actually did). I know this rant is poorly worded, but you get the idea.

BeastEdit: And another thing. The latest couple episodes with the giant Guinea Pigs. What the **** was that? It wasn't funny. It seems like the show has just turned to complete shit since it became massively popular and the animation improved.

I think you're putting a show that has a talking turd as a character under FAR too much scrutiny.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
I am not sure if you're being funny but I think he meant he "retorted" to the statement made by the other guy.

I know. It was intentional.
Quote by LordBishek
I know. It was intentional.

Suuuuuuuure it was...
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
south park is impartial, it takes the piss out of everything in equal measure

it's been popular and well animated for years now

learn2scrotinise properly

the only reason that recent episodes have been bad is because they have been written solely by Trek Parker, as opposed to both him and Matt Stone- obviously the lack of Matt has led to rubbishness
Last edited by imthehitcher at Nov 2, 2008,
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Trey and Matt are both Republicans.

Actually one is registered Republican the other is registered Libertarian but I don't think they really affiliate themselves with parties much. One of them is quoted saying "I hate conservatives but I really ****ing hate liberals" or something like that.
Quote by The Leader
I think you're putting a show that has a talking turd as a character under FAR too much scrutiny.

I know, it just pisses me off at times because the show used to be ****ing hilarious. The episode with the Pube Fair where Cartman makes the older kids parents into chili and then tricks him into eating it was genius. I laughed for like 20 minutes when one by one all of the members of Radiohead called him a crybaby. But now all they can come up with is a shitty semi-political parody of Cloverfield with live-action guinea pigs. What the ****?

BeastEdit:
Quote by imthehitcher
it's been popular and well animated for years now

learn2scrotinise properly

the only reason that recent episodes have been bad is because they have been written solely by Trek Parker, as opposed to both him and Matt Stone- obviously the lack of Matt has led to rubbishness

I never said that it hasn't been becoming progressively shittier for years. and what the **** is "scrotinise"? Does it perhaps have anything to do with testicles or are you just a poor speller?
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Last edited by Beast_Within at Nov 2, 2008,
Page 1 of 2