Does anyone do this? I see it mentioned of people hanging around guitar stores to find people, but it sounds kind of weird and creepy....and I don't want to get arrested or become known as the nutty guy looking for band members outside.

So, anyone have any experience/luck doing this to get band members? Also, I'm 23, and don't want to look like a weirdo 20something if I'm hanging outside of the music store all day looking for a bass player (what my band needs now, and every other ad and avenue has not turned up anyone worthwhile).
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....
Quote by winterXsolstice
drummers too.

Depends on what type of music you're playing. For most types of metal and its subgeneres drummers actually have skill. unlike jam bands, punk, rock, classic rock, old school thrash, etc.
Quote by jetfuel495
post ads somewhere. everywhere. dont they have a bulletin board in guitar center near the bathroom or something? they do in mine. its full of musician ads. have you tried posting an ad here?

Done that.....everywhere. Got a few replies.....but they either couldn't play, were always too busy to show up, so on....

LOL on getting a machine.....but seriously.
Quote by Infinite__Death
Depends on what type of music you're playing. For most types of metal and its subgeneres drummers actually have skill. unlike jam bands, punk, rock, classic rock, old school thrash, etc.

your a bit of a mug
Quote by Dale_kerigan
your a bit of a mug

That's a gross understatement...
Quote by jetfuel495
i dont even have a bassist or a 2nd guitarist... or a vocalist

its just my drummer and i. we just record the drums and guitar first, then we layer everything else later

although that wouldnt work for live playing, it would work well for recording

All you would need to do for live performances is just use some sort of a backing track, like record any extra layered stuff together and then play over it live.
Quote by Infinite__Death

glad to see you got the joke good sir.
Quote by Infinite__Death

Cuz metals the only genre that takes skill
Must be hard to bang 16th notes on everything at once.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Infinite__Death

Wow, you're a total ass. We won't even go into why this is totally false--or pathetically shortsighted.

Typical UG metalhead.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
Must be hard to bang 16th notes on everything at once.

Hard? Try physically impossible.