Hi there guys!

Its my 18th this year and my stepdad (who got me my first guitar) has decided to get me a quality guitar for my b'day. Orignally i was gonna be getting an American Strat off ebay (used obv) but they turn out to be just a hundred or so above budget, and im really happy with the mexican strat i just bought anyway.

So heres what i'm thinking of;
Epiphone Futura Prophecy Custom FX
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/77480

If not this one, i'd like some sort of Ibanez super-strat, or maybe a Schecter C-1 Classic (the one with "Vine of Life" fretboard).

Help me choose please? lol. Couldn't find anything on HarmonyCentral for the Epiphone, and i could buy a Schecter C1 off my mate pretty cheap...

So, should i get the Futura?

I play everything from Dave Edmunds to Disturbed. Pantera, Metallica e.t.c.
Big G'n'R fan too. But my Les Paul takes care of all that really, i want a whammy for pantera and shit tho lol.

Ibanez or Epiphone then...

Suggestions please UG?
Will love you forever :P
try out an ibanez S see what u think but personally i would go with the Schecter
Equipment

Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Randall RG50TC
that epi is so friggin ugly =/

urm yea ibanez s should be good

try out some esp's too

dunno about schecter but there apparently quite good

where do you live?

get yourself to a guitar shop! if you live near london go to denmark street, has about ten all fantastic guitar shops in one small street
Manchester, UK.

Ugly?! UGLY?!! How dare you.

Which Ibanez S should i check out? I saw the 320 and 540... Anything else?
somebody told me....not sure where.....that the new Epis sound like shit....they got really crappy tone or somthing....but dont call me on that one....but the C1's are AMAZING if they got the right stuff on em.....idk, go try them, and see what you like....
!GEAR!

Epiphone '07 Faded Cherry G-400
Martin 00CXRAE Grand Concert
Spider III 75 watt
Fender Premium Celluloid Mediums
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah
Get a Jag.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Get a Schecter.

Or a Gibson SG Special Faded.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I think a Jackson DK2 should be fitting, especially if you need a floating trem, which if you play pantera should be quite useful. I saw one in dawsons in manchester for £370. You'll have money to spare then to maybe put towards a case or pedals or even towards a new amp?
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
I was thinking of the Jackson.... But i dont particularly like the neck. Its neither here nor there when it comes to thickness (imo).

Looks like its between the Epi and an Ibanez...
Just not sure which Ibanez... and they all look the damn same.
Quote by Hypnotisation
How about a PRS SE?

No! Never an SE. I tried the top-of-the-line SE and it was terrible in my opinion. Doesn't even come close to the quality of the real PRS's.

For TS, why don't you try the Ibanez Xiphos XPT700? It's got an awesome finish, great neck and good pickups for the price. The only problem is the tremolo...but I suppose you could change it.
Quote by Section 5
No! Never an SE. I tried the top-of-the-line SE and it was terrible in my opinion. Doesn't even come close to the quality of the real PRS's.

For TS, why don't you try the Ibanez Xiphos XPT700? It's got an awesome finish, great neck and good pickups for the price. The only problem is the tremolo...but I suppose you could change it.

In a 2 words... Looks shit.

At least it looks shit, in my opinion.
i'd personally probably get an ibanez rg1570... depends if you like the neck and are willing to switch the pickups later...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?