okay I am selling my ac15. One of my favorite features was the tremolo. So i want to get something cheaper to retain the effect. Here is my hierarchy of effect originators:

1. tube amp analog effect
2. analog stomp box
3. digital stomp box
4. digital amp

So I'd like to try and get an amp (combo or head) before buying a pedal because for one I normally use trem on quieter songs where the click of a stomp box is quite intrusive. an amp switch box can have much quieter switches because they are just on/off. no bypass fuss. so if I got a pedal, it would be a boss because they are silent switches but they are digital and not true bypass.

amp price range: below $200

tube powered would be awesome but tube amps below $200 usually just have a volume knob and a tone or treb and bass knob.

reverb is always an essential

So far all I have found is the Vox Pathfinder 15r (which is solid state)

The challenge is, what other choices are out there?

My other option is to buy a cheap tube amp and wire in a tremolo circuit. how hard/expensive would that be?

HELP PLEASE!
Last edited by iSignUpJust2ask at Nov 2, 2008,
Why sell the AC15? You're looking at a huge downgrade.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
just get a pedal. should work fine. a true bypass switch shouldnt click that bad if its working properly but the transistor switch style is quieter but remember that if the battery dies or you lose power in a pedal without a true bypass it becomes a dead link in your signal chain and you will lose all sound not just the effect side. and beware of cheaper stompbox models especially if you use single coils or play in an area with a lot of 60 cycle hum producers like flourecent lights or dc inverters or tvs because in my experience they are more sensitive to hum which is really annoying on tremolo because you get a static swell and fade wave effect-very annoying.
Quote by MrCarrot
Why sell the AC15? You're looking at a huge downgrade.

oh no i bought an ac15h1tvl that i have to pay off

Quote by MichaelOfCanton
just get a pedal. should work fine. a true bypass switch shouldnt click that bad if its working properly but the transistor switch style is quieter but remember that if the battery dies or you lose power in a pedal without a true bypass it becomes a dead link in your signal chain and you will lose all sound not just the effect side. and beware of cheaper stompbox models especially if you use single coils or play in an area with a lot of 60 cycle hum producers like flourecent lights or dc inverters or tvs because in my experience they are more sensitive to hum which is really annoying on tremolo because you get a static swell and fade wave effect-very annoying.

i know that, but i play in small places anyway so quiet songs are really quiet. I dunno.