Okay, so me and my friend (hes a bassist) have now officially formed a band together... we aim to be hard rock infused with a bit of punk...

So, when we get a full line up we will be constantly writing like a motherbitch!

But first off, covers!

Our hard rock insperations are; Guns N Roses, Motley Crue, Black Stone Cherry and Serpico. So any ideas on what songs we should cover? We were thinking Nightrain (GNR), Shout At The Devil (Motley Crue) and Blind Man (Black Stone Cherry)? Opinions?

By the way, whats a good lineup for a hard rock band?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Myself and my rocking band are similar, lineup wise:

Vox & guitarist
2nd guitarist (me)
Bass
Drums

Works quite well, but whatever suits you best really!

Covers wise, the above ones should work, as long as the musicianship is up to scratch!
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by Rolling_man
Myself and my rocking band are similar, lineup wise:

Vox & guitarist
2nd guitarist (me)
Bass
Drums

Works quite well, but whatever suits you best really!

Covers wise, the above ones should work, as long as the musicianship is up to scratch!

i think well end up getting a non-instrument playing frontman, i always feel that works better
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Those songs will work as long as you all can play good enough. My band play hard rock stuff and we do covers of AC/DC, ZZ Top, etc. as well as our own material. We've got a lineup of:

Singer
Lead/Rhythm Guitarist (me)
2nd Lead/Rhythm Guitarist
Bassist
Drummer.

Works quite well.
Quote by stiff-upper-lip
Those songs will work as long as you all can play good enough. My band play hard rock stuff and we do covers of AC/DC, ZZ Top, etc. as well as our own material. We've got a lineup of:

Singer
Bassist
Drummer.

Works quite well.

lol it seems like all of the Classic Rock bands have this line-up. My dad's band and my band do the exact same thing, except my band gets more into the Metallica and Iron Maiden side of rock and dad's gets into like old canadian rock like Toto and Harlequin.
Quote by stiff-upper-lip

Singer
Bassist
Drummer.

Works quite well.

yeh, thats probably the best line up but ac/dc and zz top, we're gonna do more mordern hard rock, and im watchin ac/dc in april
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
well we are kinda a hard rock band, but we dont actualy play really hard rock songs like gnr and acdc, more along the lines of metallica sabbath and some early maiden stuff. Our lineup is:

Rhytm/vox (me)
Rhytm/lead
Bass
Drums

I am toying with the idea of getting a seperate singer cause i have trouble playing complex rifs and singing at the same time. But i gues ill get it in time.

EDIT: holy crap, i just realized we are a metal band!
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by Superstrat101
lol it seems like all of the Classic Rock bands have this line-up. My dad's band and my band do the exact same thing, except my band gets more into the Metallica and Iron Maiden side of rock and dad's gets into like old canadian rock like Toto and Harlequin.

Toto may be old....but they are American, NOT Canadian.
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....