That i'm getting a raise!

If you've ever heard of someone in UG who handles thousands of dollars in different currencies and has access to fire weapons... well, that's me.

I'm a (graveyard) teller at a money exchange business that's open 24hrs. We do money orders, cash checks, and buy/sell dollars. I've been working here for about 4 or 5 months in graveyard and am the youngest one here. Well... my supervisor called me the other night and asked if i'd be willing to work as shift manager and i said yes. Today she told me i start training on wednesday.

I just wanted to share this with the pit.

What's even weirder is that me, a fellow pit monkey, was offered that position when everyone else is probably at least 10 years older than me (i'm 19) and have worked at least twice what i have in here.

So i ask: what do you guys do for a living? I'm assuming half of you are bums that live with their parents or college students, heh...
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Student. Used to have a job in an off-licence. But had to finish.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Quote by evening_crow
I'm assuming half of you are bums that live with their parents or college students, heh...

Pretty much this
I rob money tellers who work graveyard shifts.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I rob money tellers who work graveyard shifts.

Don't recommend it near here.

Bulletproof glass, security alarm, locked doors that can only be opened from the inside... u know, the works.

Oh, and did i mention 3 loaded shotguns with buck shots and a revolver with leaded tips?

electrician ftw!
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Quote by evening_crow
Don't recommend it near here.

Bulletproof glass, security alarm, locked doors that can only be opened from the inside... u know, the works.

Oh, and did i mention 3 loaded shotguns with buck shots and a revolver with leaded tips?

Yawn.

So what day of the week would you like to be robbed?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yawn.

So what day of the week would you like to be robbed?

Funny... i'm actually a good shooter. I was the rifle team captain and district champion (team) when in high school and received training from several college and olympic shooters.

Actually, i think i'm getting the job offer cuz i went to the range to practice last tuesday and my boss' son thought i did great.

im an electroplater. w00t for me, im not a bum. i got a raise aswell this month
Quote by DirtyMakik
Pointless threads like those make me cry my bloody cum out.
Quote by evening_crow
and buy/sell dollars.

How much does a dollar cost then? Oh and i'm an unemployed college student who lives with his parents, I wont go into detail about my trampiness (or 'buminess') at this present time ...
Quote by evening_crow
Funny... i'm actually a good shooter. I was the rifle team captain and district champion (team) when in high school and received training from several college and olympic shooters.

Actually, i think i'm getting the job offer cuz i went to the range to practice last tuesday and my boss' son thought i did great.

Oh, I'm sorry. Are you trying to impress me?

Sure, I'll play along. Oooh that's so cool. I bet no one can get past you now. Nobody.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by cash49
What's a money teller?

They tell money what to do.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by domino_92
I was wondering when you'd get here...took you long enough!

Howso?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Xiaoxi
Oh, I'm sorry. Are you trying to impress me?

Sure, I'll play along. Oooh that's so cool. I bet no one can get past you now. Nobody.

Nah not that... just saying kinda why i got graveyard in the first place. Idk... they just thought they could trust me better with weapons than the other ppl that had applied, that and cuz i knew the supervisor's daughter by coincidence.

Quote by Kensai
They tell money what to do.

Hahaha!!!

Never fail to amaze me...

A Teller is pretty much like a cashier but only handles money... u know, like at the bank?

Oh, and by buy/trade dollars i'm talking about exchanging currencies (euros, mexican pesos, british pounds). The rate depends on the value of each currency in comparison with the others.

Quote by evening_crow

Nah not that... just saying kinda why i got graveyard in the first place. Idk... they just thought they could trust me better with weapons than the other ppl that had applied, that and cuz i knew the supervisor's daughter by coincidence.

Mmm...

Hand me the daughter and I will spare you the robbing.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Mmm...

Hand me the daughter and I will spare you the robbing.

Do what u want. We just knew each other from highschool.

pass her over when ur done

bwt: not to be a d*ck, but u don't look as intimidating as i thought u'd be.

Quote by evening_crow

bwt: not to be a d*ck, but u don't look as intimidating as i thought u'd be.

And that's part of how I succeed.

^_^

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
And that's part of how I succeed.

^_^

Yep... ppl always distrust the mexicans and black ppl, not the small, skinny asians.

i'm (light skinned) mexican btw, so don't think i'm being racist

Quote by evening_crow

He's joking, no need to brag.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by evening_crow
I'm assuming half of you are bums that live with their parents or college students, heh...

Close enough... I'm only 17 so I still live with my parents but I work on a market stall on sundays selling old reggae records and CDs.
Pay is shitty.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I'm a Geology student at Uni. Life rules...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by evening_crow
So i ask: what do you guys do for a living? I'm assuming half of you are bums that live with their parents or college students, heh...

I fall under the second category...mechanical engineering.

When I had a job, working general maintenance at a state college, I got a raise when minimum wage went up.

Nope, no sig here.
I sells the insurance.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots