18 60%
Squier Classic Vibe 60's Jazz
4 13%
Other
1 3%
Carrots
7 23%
Voters: 30.
Looking to buy a Jazz Bass on the cheap, to use it for melody, and chords mostly. But still doing alot in the lower registers. I was wondering if i should get the Squier VM Jazz, or the CV Jazz. They both look good, but I need some help deciding. I'd prefer to buy new. If you have any other suggestions, please specify them.

Thank you.
Well the VM is going to be a lot brighter, and I think the CV has better hardware, are you able to try both of them out first?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
ive tryed both, and i like both, but the CV has a coat on the neck which i found sticky
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by ScottB.
Well the VM is going to be a lot brighter, and I think the CV has better hardware, are you able to try both of them out first?
The VM is very bright. It has a maple body, maple fingerboard, and maple neck. The CV has a better bridge, but has a basswood body, maple neck, and rosewood fingerboard so the CV is going to be less bright. Also the CV has a thick "vintage" gloss finish on the back of the neck like the Fender Jaguar. I personally would get the Vintage Modified because of the maple body+maple neck+maple fingerboard and the Vintage Modified has black block "inlays"(They're painted on like the Geddy Les Signature)
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
I've had an opportunity to try out the VM, and it seemed noice, excepth the action was too high. And I've played the CV Precision. I didn't mind the glossy neck finish.
I've tried the VM, it felt and sounded nice. However it is quite heavy, which comes with the territory. After all, it is pretty much a few big hunks of maple glued or screwed together.
I'm fine with heavy, for a few months i was wielding a 12lb lakland.

But I think i might save up for a bit before i get a new bass. Going to shoot for the VM jazz, but will check to see if my new amp gives me the differenc i'm looking for.