25 58%
Meh
5 12%
Not very important
4 9%
They're useless
0 0%
Voters: 43.
I'm thinking of saving for one (MXR 6-Band, €120) and want to know how everone else ranks them.
Gearwise, I have a Les Paul copy (~Epiphone) and a Vox AD30VT.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Basically an EQ pedal shapes your tone more, allows you to boost or lower frequencies. It is useful for boosting for solo's, or tweaking your tone a little if you're not satisfied. There is so many ways to use an EQ pedal though. If I were you I'd try one out and fiddle with the bands.
For me it's one of my most important pedals, I have it on permanently.
A lot of times when you're out gigging, the sound you take time working to get in practice isn't what you get in certain venues; it's used to keep that perfect tone.
An EQ is the most useful pedal a guitarist can own.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
An EQ is the most useful pedal a guitarist can own.

The seagull is right again

I have a MXR 108 10 band going through the FX loop in my JCM900 i LOVE it.
An Eq is probably the first pedal you should buy.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
More useful than people let on.

I don't think that they're vital, you can certainly do without one, but if you're playing with a band then that frequency tweaking and shaping can make a huge improvement to the overall sound.
Hey, I just read this thread, and makes me want an EQ pedal again. (I was GASing for one like 2 months ago). How is the Danelectro Fish n Chips, and is it worth it to get a 10-band EQ?
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by BD 425
Hey, I just read this thread, and makes me want an EQ pedal again. (I was GASing for one like 2 months ago). How is the Danelectro Fish n Chips, and is it worth it to get a 10-band EQ?

if you're gigging, get the MXR IMO, it's built like a tank and sounds great. If you don't gig, or very infrequent, the F&C is a great pedal for the cash IMO. As long as it doesn't take a beating, it's relatively quiet and a good sounding effective pedal.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids