heya UG

looking for some advanced tabs for solos of any sort..

i dont want any metal mosh pit stuff.. more into blues, classic rock

standard tuning solo's i would prefer... hense non-metal or whatever

thanks UG!
:::Gear:::

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
Aria Acoustic (idk what make)
You Shook me all night long-ACDC

Not horrible, but not exactly easiest ever.

If not go with stairway.
Planet Caravan ~ Black Sabbath
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by Sabbath89
Planet Caravan ~ Black Sabbath

He said no Metal, especially not downtuned Metal.

Hmmm, Advanced?

Okies, here it goes.

Allan Holdsworth - City Nights.
Guthrie Govan - Fives.
Paul Gilbert - Technical Difficulties.
Shawn Lane - Gray Piano's Flying.

That should do you :P
Count Ozzy Osbourne as metal? If not, Bark At The Moon, Crazy Train, I Dont Know

Lots of Rush solos are pretty trickey, like Freewill.

Also, if you're open to Iron Maiden I'd suggest pretty much their whole discography
For the Love of God - Steve Vai

The entire song is basically a slow/medium tempo solo, and it involves a lot of work with the whammy bar, vibrato, trilling, pinch harmonics, and a blazing fast solo on top of all that. Good luck!

Other recommendations:

The Curse of Castle Dragon - Paul Gilbert
Rusty Old Boat - Paul Gilbert
Crystal Planet - Joe Satriani
^this guy plays guitar overhand. WTF? YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG, N00B!!!!!!!1!11
deep purple, especially if you can find tabs to some of there jam stuff between blackmore and (im drawin a massive blank right now for his name but) their keyboardist, or really a lot of blackmore stuff, some frampton stuff can get pretty cool/tricky, rush, if you wanna add some cool slide solo kinda stuff in there then allman bros would be pretty good, also cant believe noone said it yet, zeppelin
Quote by eberg2
deep purple, especially if you can find tabs to some of there jam stuff between blackmore and (im drawin a massive blank right now for his name but) their keyboardist, or really a lot of blackmore stuff, some frampton stuff can get pretty cool/tricky, rush, if you wanna add some cool slide solo kinda stuff in there then allman bros would be pretty good, also cant believe noone said it yet, zeppelin

Jon Lord.
Quote by Orbit91
He said no Metal, especially not downtuned Metal.

Wow dude, you need to get your facts straight before you post.

Planet Caravan is not a metal song.... at all, and it's NOT downtuned. It's in standard. You obviously never listened to it. Don't always assume. Black Sabbath have quite a few songs that fall rather short from being considered metal.

Listen for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0knGBI7_pU
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by Sabbath89

Wow dude, you need to get your facts straight before you post.

Planet Caravan is not a metal song.... at all, and it's NOT downtuned. It's in standard. You obviously never listened to it. Don't always assume. Black Sabbath have quite a few songs that fall rather short from being considered metal.

Listen for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0knGBI7_pU

Black Sabbath = Heavy Metal.
A lot of their songs are downtuned too.

Also, he said Advanced, Black Sabbath don't exactly fit into that criteria.
Quote by Orbit91
Black Sabbath = Heavy Metal.
A lot of their songs are downtuned too.

Also, he said Advanced, Black Sabbath don't exactly fit into that criteria.

Black Sabbath = Experimental... the band said it themselves. Just because a band plays primarily "heavy metal" doesn't mean that they can't escape their genre.

They're first 2 albums were in standard. Planet Caravan is off of Paranoid, which is their second album... it's in standard. If you took the time to actually listen to the song and the solo, you would realize that it is advanced.
Quote by Sabbath89
Black Sabbath = Experimental... the band said it themselves. Just because a band plays primarily "heavy metal" doesn't mean that they can't escape their genre.

They're first 2 albums were in standard. Planet Caravan is off of Paranoid, which is their second album... it's in standard. If you took the time to actually listen to the song and the solo, you would realize that it is advanced.

If you took time to the listen to the songs I've listed, you'll realise the difference between advanced and intermediate.
Quote by Orbit91
If you took time to the listen to the songs I've listed, you'll realise the difference between advanced and intermediate.

I don't care about the songs you listed. I'm making an argument for something that I know is right. That is all.
Quote by Sabbath89
I don't care about the songs you listed. I'm making an argument for something that I know is right. That is all.

If you don't care, then you shouldn't state your opinion.
That kind of shows that you care.
That doesn't make sense. I'm stating that I don't care. Therefore, I do not care...
Quote by Sabbath89
That doesn't make sense. I'm stating that I don't care. Therefore, I do not care...

And yet you continue replying to that, which means you DO care.
Hahaha, wow. I'm not even arguing about your songs. This has nothing to do with them. Do you not see that? I'm arguing about ignorance. It's as simple as that. However, I have better things to do. So I bid ye farewell.