Alright so Im getting a Schecter Hellraiser for christmas (Yeet!), and I'm looking for a good metal amp to buy, since right now im playing through a Crate VTX 30. Max budget is 500, and Ive played through a Peavy Valveking 112, and Raven RG200, and I like the sound of both of them. Any suggestions?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Randall rg50tc?
Bugera 6260?
Guitar: Ibanez RGR321 EXBK

Amp: Bugera 6260 head + 4x12 cab
Randall RG50 would be a good choice, try that, but also if you like the valveking that could be good, never played the 6260 but have heard good things.

^^You aren't gonna get a Marshall for 500USD unless prices have dropped a lot recently.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
Ravens are garbage

for 500 you could get
Valveking with a tube and speaker swap
Used Randall RG50TC
Used Peavey Ultra
Used Peavey 5150
Used Peavey VTM and an overdrive pedal
Used Mesa .50 Caliber

EDIT= I would also consider asking for a cheaper guitar so you can get a more powerful amp, becuase amp is way more of the tone and you could get say an HSS strat and it will still kick ass.
Quote by Highwaytohell

EDIT= I would also consider asking for a cheaper guitar so you can get a more powerful amp, becuase amp is way more of the tone and you could get say an HSS strat and it will still kick ass.

Yea but theyve already bought it, no theres not much of a choice there. But I like the sounds of the randall, does it have decent cleans?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Used 5150, it brings the brutalz.

/thread

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
Used 5150, it brings the brutalz.

/thread

OP wants decent cleans.

I dunno, a Valveking isn't exactly made for metal, although it can certainly do it - even stock. A speaker swap and overdrive will set you right, especially if you buy one used to save money.

Randall RG50TC, Bugera 333XL, Bugera 6262 are all good metal amps with cleans.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
OP wants decent cleans.

I dunno, a Valveking isn't exactly made for metal, although it can certainly do it - even stock. A speaker swap and overdrive will set you right, especially if you buy one used to save money.

ahhhh, i didnt see that. Randall, Bugera, or modded up VK in that case.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Raijouta
OP wants decent cleans.

If i do get a valeking, im most certainly going to get an OD pedal. My friend had a Boss MT-2 and SD-1, both which I like, so I'd probably get one of those. An by metal I dont mean death metal. I want to be able to play like old Avenged Sevenfold, All That Remains, Killswitch, stuff like that
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by msuspartan
If i do get a valeking, im most certainly going to get an OD pedal. My friend had a Boss MT-2 and SD-1, both which I like, so I'd probably get one of those. An by metal I dont mean death metal. I want to be able to play like old Avenged Sevenfold, All That Remains, Killswitch, stuff like that

DO NOT GET AN MT-2, thats not an od pedal, thats a distortion pedal. what you want with the VK is a Tubescreamer, Bad Monkey or something similiar.

i can get a pretty good a7x and killswitch tone with mine. I can even push it into Bodom range with some tweaking.

Ive got a new eminence man o war speaker on the way, that should clear up some of the muddiness.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
DO NOT GET AN MT-2, thats not an od pedal, thats a distortion pedalQUOTE]
My bad. But a tube screamer is a little much, with me already getting a hellraiser AND an amp. I might just get a bad monkey. But it looks like i might me settling on a Valveking
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by Necrophagist777
DO NOT GET AN MT-2, thats not an od pedal, thats a distortion pedalQUOTE]
My bad. But a tube screamer is a little much, with me already getting a hellraiser AND an amp. I might just get a bad monkey. But it looks like i might me settling on a Valveking

cool cool! Head over to the valveking thread, it's got all the info youll need.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969296&page=1

Bad Monkeys are great, and an amazing price too.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra