Page 1 of 2
I've decided to splurge on headphones. I'm willing to go up to $150, but the quality has to be orgasmic. It would be nice if they were noise-canceling, but it's not imperative.

EDIT: No in-ear/earbud headphones.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Last edited by Psychedelico at Nov 2, 2008,
if you want to spend that much you might as well go a little more and get bose. dey is teh bomb
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
I've always preferred canal earphones to headphones. They give a much more direct sound without losing any atmosphere, whereas headphones can often seem more distant and muddy, with less clarity.

I'd recommend Sennheiser in-ears if you don't want to spend too much, or Shures if you're willing to splash out a larger amount of cash for a marginal quality increase.

Edit: Didn't see your edit :P. Why not just do some research yourself? Google is your friend.
Which bose?

Quote by Jake™
I've always preferred canal earphones to headphones. They give a much more direct sound without losing any atmosphere, whereas headphones can often seem more distant and muddy, with less clarity.

I'd recommend Sennheiser in-ears if you don't want to spend too much, or Shures if you're willing to splash out a larger amount of cash for a marginal quality increase.

Edit: Didn't see your edit :P. Why not just do some research yourself? Google is your friend.

Shut up and do my work for me hoe! Nah jk I'm actually doing this. This is one I've found already. Can anybody tell me anything about it?

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-ANC7-QuietPoint-Noise-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B000OMKR8E/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1225636670&sr=1-6
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
They probably suck..

Get Sennheisers. Can't go wrong with sennheisers.

Also, bose aren't really supposed to be that great.. read some reviews by people who (seem to) know their stuff, and not just some random nubs..
I r Pirate!
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/audio_headphones/around_ear_headphones/index.jsp there ya go.... bose in your range.... trust me NOTHING sounds better than bose, if you ever had a pair of them on you'd know what i was talking about.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Quote by duke_lion
They probably suck..

Also, bose aren't really supposed to be that great.. read some reviews by people who (seem to) know their stuff, and not just some random nubs..

you have no clue that you're even typing do you?

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Quote by Psychedelico
I've decided to splurge on headphones..

People have some strange fantasy's nowa days...

Seriously now Skullcandy are pretty good though and there affordable
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"-Leanardo da Vinci
Quote by TenaciousLSD
you have no clue that you're even typing do you?

Yes I do. I did a ****load of research before buying. Look up Sennheiser HD555. Maybe check some comparisons with Bose.
I r Pirate!
Quote by TenaciousLSD
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/audio_headphones/around_ear_headphones/index.jsp there ya go.... bose in your range.... trust me NOTHING sounds better than bose, if you ever had a pair of them on you'd know what i was talking about.

My friend has those, and they seem to be quite good, but some of the reviews online seem to indicate that there is better.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Bose headphones are way overpriced for what they are, go with sennheiser or sony, both make great high end headphones.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Bose headphones are way overpriced for what they are, go with sennheiser or sony, both make great high end headphones.

Glad someone agrees.

Also, something you might wanna consider: You will most likely get higher quality headphones if you chose some that do not have active noice cancelling.
Less money spent on technology to block out sound, more spent on making better sounding headphones.
I r Pirate!
i got the Audio Technica ATH-M40 for about $120...they are awesome and well worth it. Very comfortable and great sounding.
Quote by duke_lion
Glad someone agrees.

Also, something you might wanna consider: You will most likely get higher quality headphones if you chose some that do not have active noice cancelling.
Less money spent on technology to block out sound, more spent on making better sounding headphones.

Yeah I thought about that. I don't really care about noise-canceling that much. What about these?

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD595-HD-595-Premier-Headphone/dp/B0001FTVE0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1225639265&sr=1-1

Also, what's the difference between the 5X5 line and the 5X0 lines by Sennheiser?
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
some nice grados. don't listen to anyone that says skull candys
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

get some skullcandy headphones there pretty good and they have alot of difrent models to suit your needs
Quote by Psychedelico
Yeah I thought about that. I don't really care about noise-canceling that much. What about these?

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD595-HD-595-Premier-Headphone/dp/B0001FTVE0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1225639265&sr=1-1

Also, what's the difference between the 5X5 line and the 5X0 lines by Sennheiser?

I didn't really look much into the 595 as it was out of my range. But I've read that it's better (it obviously should be) but the hd555 is a good alternative especially considering the low price.
I r Pirate!
Quote by rg1826
get some skullcandy headphones there pretty good and they have alot of difrent models to suit your needs

Why say something you don't know shit about? Those cans are terrible.

Click Here

I'm not joking.
Quote by duke_lion

this. unless you drop them under your parents car just as it is setting off
but yeah, they are good
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Hey what's the difference between open and closed headphones?

EDIT: And also what's a good headphone amp?
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by Psychedelico
Hey what's the difference between open and closed headphones?

Open leak sound and let sound in, but are generally higher quality. No good for portable use though.
Hey do the 555s need amps?
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by Psychedelico
Hey do the 555s need amps?

all headphones need amps, but unless you are using these for monitoring you won't need to worry about a special headphone, as pretty much all hi-fi devices have built in headphone amps.

Last.fm
Are you sure? Cause on some audiophile sites it seems that a lot of hi-fi headphones need amps to be used for their full potential, except for grados as they require less power or something.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by Psychedelico
Are you sure? Cause on some audiophile sites it seems that a lot of hi-fi headphones need amps to be used for their full potential, except for grados as they require less power or something.

it depends on what you are using it for, if you want to hook up a nice hi-fi to it then you might want an amp, if you are going to be using these headphones for listening to an iPod or something then you don't need to bother. Also bear in mind that most audiophiles are relly really picky and over the top with this stuff, you probably won't nontice the difference.

Last.fm
One more question. How much background noise comes in through open headphones?
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
So I'd have to get closed headphones if I wanted to listen in school?
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Skull Candy are pretty decent, especially for the price, they look pretty cool too.
Sennheiser are pretty good too
I've heard Bose are awesome but never tried them myself.
Try Google? Find a bunch of headphones in your price range and look for reviews.
skullcandy headphones are horrible for the price, you can get something of equal quality for half of what they cost.

Last.fm
I just tape wires to the monitor's headphone jack and attatch them to broken glass. It works.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
looks + decent quality? skullcandy

actuall quality ? creative, bose or sennheiser

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Page 1 of 2