Hello there some of you might have read my other thread saying how i got some decent sounds out of a cheap £50 zoom 505II multi effects box, which left me wondering would I be able to get substantially better sounds out of a high end FX box such as the gt10, now I am not overly worried about the effects, but the different types of overdrive/clean/distortion are most important to me, like being able to get a realistic, marshal, mesa, peavey, fender twin sound, then as long as the effects are pretty good I would be very happy. Although I am also considering getting an ash down fallen angel 60w 212 combo, as this seems to get a pretty good heavy sound with lots of low end, as well as having the responsiveness of a valve amp. Or would something like the axeFX be SUBSTANTIALLY better, although it is really out of my price range.

Anyway just your general opinions on the gt10 as well as any other high end multi FX you can think of
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
I wouldn't count on it. You might get OKAY (emphasis on ok) sounds if you plug the boss directly into a loudspeaker, but if you are running through a cab, forget it. Leaving the effects aside, the amp modeling will be overly exaggerated to sound like its respective sponsor, and often in a very digital sounding way. The fender will sound clean, the marshall will sound muddy, etc. But you will not get a true replication of their tone.

I've also experimented with POD's with the same results. The only time (IMHO) amp modeling works is on your computer (ie using amplitube 2, or the likes).
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
what amplitube etc and also I have know a pro musician who swears by the gt series. He uses a 800 stack on clean with the gt10 for effects
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Quote by handlerb
I've also experimented with POD's with the same results. The only time (IMHO) amp modeling works is on your computer (ie using amplitube 2, or the likes).

Chances are you had something set wrong or didn't experiment enough. These units are pretty good I bought the POD over the GT, but it was a close race. I had a TS 808 for a while that I ended up selling because I liked the one in the POD better. It's certainly all subjective, but you get up into this price range for a multi and your not getting a bad pedal. You do however have to basically become a sound guy to use them. Understanding how cab models interact with amp models and mic placement etc..is huge to the tones you can pull out of these units.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD