you know those acoustics that have a rounded back to them and it (the back) looks like it's made from plastic? Do they have a specific name?

Also, what's the difference between them and a regular acoustic? is it just the sound?
Ovation
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Slightly different sound, a bit brighter and less 'woody' (well obviously). I personally am a big fan of ovation guitars, very playable, nice sound, and quality preamp/pickup system.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Ovaries, i mean Ovation
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
To me they sound softer, also they can't play as loud as a flatback acoustic because of the smaller bowl.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Ovation! Thank you!

For those that know ovation, can you recommend some of their entry level, or cheaper guitar models (there's so many!!) i'm looking to spend no more than 400. I don't mind if it's used or new either.

edit: Oh, and do their multi sound hole guitars sound good?
Last edited by myface at Nov 2, 2008,
Honestly I really don't like Ovations. They sound like a plastic toy guitar to me. Oh wait...they almost are. And the multi-hole guitars don't really have that much of a tonal effect. It really doesn't matter all that much where the soundholes are

TS, what I said above is even more true for your price range. They almost aren't even looking at. I would look into a "real" acoustic. Ovations have great electronics, but Takamine is owned by the same company, and in effect almost have the same electronics. Or at least that is what I have heard. Anyway, I would not get an Ovation in that range.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray