it conveniently scoops your mids, giving you a nice slap tone. or something along those lines.
(I own this bass)

It cuts the mids a tiny bit and boosts the bass massively.
I never use it unless I want reall head throbbing bass to [iss off the neighbours.

If you're planning to get this bass heres a few things you should know: the plastic fretboard is clacky and gets covered with scratches from playing after a few days. There is high pitched noise when you you increase the treble by any amount. I recomend, unless you really want an active EQ, tryin the VM series. (I wish I had :\)
Quote by Spaz91
(I own this bass)

It cuts the mids a tiny bit and boosts the bass massively.
I never use it unless I want reall head throbbing bass to [iss off the neighbours.

If you're planning to get this bass heres a few things you should know: the plastic fretboard is clacky and gets covered with scratches from playing after a few days. There is high pitched noise when you you increase the treble by any amount. I recomend, unless you really want an active EQ, tryin the VM series. (I wish I had :\)

Sounds like something I'd definately use quite a bit!
Thanks for the feedback though, I'll definately keep that in mind, I am after an active EQ ideally, as my other bass is passive, and I like to have some variety.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
What it does i think is boosts or cuts the mids from 400hz to 800hz i think its something like that. On my fender dluxe i usually leave in postion and use the other knobs to make a slap sound.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Spaz91
You're welcome. But, like any bass, you should try it in shop first.

Yeah, I always make sure I try basses out before rushing into a buy

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Yes, it is clacky, yes, it can have sketchy electronics. But for 300 bones it's an amazing fiver that can get a sound for any gig and feel good in your hands.