#1
Hey UG,

I've recently joined a post-hardcore music group and I think it would be best if I were to change my pick-ups. We also play punk rock and metal.

I currently play a Tokai Love Rock Les Paul and I'm usually playing through a Crate amp.
Can't remember the model. What would you guys recommend?
#4
It's not my amp. It's in the studio we record in. I don't have a choice in that. All I'm asking for is for people to recommend good pick ups for the genres of music I play.
#5
If you can't change the amp you play through, buying pickups will just be throwing money away, a pedal would be more use though.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo


E-Married to Funny_Page
#7
Bugera of some sort really. 6262?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo


E-Married to Funny_Page
#10
Quote by Mitchell?
You need a new amp, not new pickups.



this is true

+1

pickups will not give the styles you are wanting to play. i mean they do but only like 10% of the tone comes from your guitart...the other 90% of it comes from your amp

if anything pickup wise. try some Rockfield pickups like the mafia or the turbo. Dimarzio PAF pro, or a set of the '59/JB from Seymour Duncan


but yeah man def. your amp
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate


Member of the Bugera Users Militia
#11
tsl 2000
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808