Well, I have a Spider Valve as a practice amp and for the past few days it will just randomly make this loud noise, not really feedback, more like insane static. I unplug my guitar and it continues to make the noise until I turn it off. So, it did it again today and I smelled something afterward, I looked behind it and one of the power tubes was BRIGHT orange so I turned it off and left it. What could this possibly be? Do I just need to change the tubes or something? I don't know. Anyone's input would be appreciated.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Mitchell?
Sounds like you need an amp change.

Fixed.

Jks. But yea it's probably the tubes. Take it to a tech.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
It's far from a main amp, I use a 6505+ as of now
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
It's far from a main amp, I use a 6505+ as of now

Don't worry I was just joshing, I've never tried a spider valve so I couldn't comment on how good/bad they are, just the spiders I've heard so far sound too digital. I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon, I'm taking the micheal out of those who do
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
haha, Well, I do really like it for a smaller amp. Everyone says its too digital cause they all turn the presence all the way up. I keep mine at like 10 o'clock. But yeah, It has 2 12AX7's and 2 6L6's, what would be some good tubes to swap them out with? I was looking at Eurotubes, but I'm a little iffy about them.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Nov 2, 2008,