I thoroughly enjoyed that, nice job.
Last edited by dandadog at Nov 2, 2008,
I too thoroughly enjoyed that
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Good work man! I play that with a local band I am in, and it is one of the all time famous solos. Fun as hell to play, too.
excellent.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Very nice playing. Me likes
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Great. Nailed it, good phrasing as well.
If that's the kind of music you usually play, I'd sooner use my amps natural distortion with a wah pedal as opposed to a big, tone devouring Boss GT-8 as mentioned in the video description. And a more classic rock orientated guitar, too.
But I suppose you usually play heavier stuff, so that's fine.
But, you got the solo nailed, and the playing at least was great.

This is probably better situated in the riffs/recording forum as well.
Really good stuff man.

Only problem that stood out to me was some of your bends. Particularly where the Joe Walsh part starts and you're bending more than one string/bending a string while holding other notes. Seemed like you were maybe bending too far/not enough.

Other than that it was great. Really interesting to hear it with a wah. Makes me wonder what a Metallica cover of it would sound like :P
Quote by Habit Zero
Really good stuff man.

Only problem that stood out to me was some of your bends. Particularly where the Joe Walsh part starts and you're bending more than one string/bending a string while holding other notes. Seemed like you were maybe bending too far/not enough.

Other than that it was great. Really interesting to hear it with a wah. Makes me wonder what a Metallica cover of it would sound like :P

That happens with a floating trem; unison bends go out of tune and things. Bending one string slackens the rest. It's a pain.
Quote by Rock Pig
That happens with a floating trem; unison bends go out of tune and things. Bending one string slackens the rest. It's a pain.

Really? Never knew that! Makes sense though. I played an Ibby Prestige with a trem at Sam Ash the other week, and even just resting my hand on the bridge was enough to loosen the strings (I'm used to playing a T-o-M bridge, so all my hand weight was on the bridge).

I don't know too much about trems admittedly, because I've never been in the market for one.
it was very interesting, i liked it.

also, just fyi, wrong section. post it in the recording section under covers subsection
good job, you deserve a better amp.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Brilliant!

EDIT: I just noticed you have another video of you playing the infamous Canon.

Another well done on that, it takes some skills
Last edited by Jay2007 at Nov 2, 2008,
A very interesting rendition. I'm a complete fan of the original but your slightly heavier interpretation was excellent and i enjoyed it. You showed excellent emotion and great phrasing!

Some of the bends were a little suspect but your a great guitarist based on that solo!

Rock On!

X
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
great job, though it looked like you were cumming at one part of the video, that facial expression was priceless
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
As far as playing...great job...but I didn't like it wth the wah...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by merr08
is this a hard solo to learn?
i was thinking of learnin it?

It's reasonably hard to nail it, definitely isn't a beginner's solo.
Quote by dandadog
I thoroughly enjoyed that, nice job.

+10,000
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Good rendition, I gave it 5 stars. Congrats man.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Thank you very much everyone to the compliments and the constructive criticism!! =]

For who that ask how much time its take me to learn it, it was a long time ago that i learn it and i don't rember how much.
Wrong forum, moved.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure