I have been reading alot about capacitors that are in the 1959 lp and the 1959 lp reissues.I am wondering if anyone has installed them in a guitar, and what were your results?I have found two sites that sell these and the whole set including the pots,capacitors, and another site that offers everything except the pick-ups in a kit. I have a epiphone lp and I am considering buying one of these kits, any info would be considered. Thanks! The sites are Mojomusicalsupply.com and specialtyguitars.com
Quote by tuner
I have been reading alot about capacitors that are in the 1959 lp and the 1959 lp reissues.I am wondering if anyone has installed them in a guitar, and what were your results?I have found two sites that sell these and the whole set including the pots,capacitors, and another site that offers everything except the pick-ups in a kit. I have a epiphone lp and I am considering buying one of these kits, any info would be considered. Thanks! The sites are Mojomusicalsupply.com and specialtyguitars.com
the importance of the type of capacitor in a guitar tone-cut circuit is highly over-rated. people are suckered into buying EXPENSIVE parts or kits, thinking they will get an improvement in tone.

FACT: the capacitor in a tone-cut circuit does virtually nothing if the tone knob is at 10 (full treble) and even at minimum setting (0 or 1, depending on the way the knob is numbered), you'll be hard pressed to hear the difference between a bumblebee and a film cap. even a dirt-cheap ceramic doesn't sound all that much different, in this application.

There are better places to put your money than in a bumblebee for a tone-cut.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Thank you for your help in this matter.Your right there are better places to spend money like maybe wine and women!