Guitar with EMGs, Ibanez Tubescreamer, Boss Noise Supressor, Mesa Triple Rectifier/Framus Cobra/Bugera 6262/B-52 AT100/Krank Krankenstien +/etc.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Quote by bite_the_bullet
Guitar with EMGs, Ibanez Tubescreamer, Boss Noise Supressor, Mesa Triple Rectifier/Framus Cobra/Bugera 6262/B-52 AT100/Krank Krankenstien +/etc.

wrong, i don't think cannibal corpse's tone is that complex

Ampeg VH-140c ought to set you right i'm almost sure cannibal corpse used them. so did assuck, death, suffocation, cynic, etc
Quote by injected
wrong, i don't think cannibal corpse's tone is that complex

Ampeg VH-140c ought to set you right i'm almost sure cannibal corpse used them. so did assuck, death, suffocation, cynic, etc

chuck from death used a marshall valvestate
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Gobs of gain and scoop the mids
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by kayman121
chuck from death used a marshall valvestate

Hm? I thought he used a Marshall Mode Four. They're all SS anyways. I'm pretty sure at least a few songs were recorded with a VH140c anyhoo
Quote by injected
Hm? I thought he used a Marshall Mode Four. They're all SS anyways. I'm pretty sure at least a few songs were recorded with a VH140c anyhoo

Everything after ITP I am most certain was done entirely with a Marshall Valvestate Model 8100, before that I am not sure.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by bite_the_bullet

They only use Mesa Triple Recs. I've seen them twice.

Quote by seljer
downtuned guitar with EMGs
loud big ass high gain tube amp

Fail. They play 7 strings and barely tune down.

A lot of what Cannibal Corpse gets is from their skills. Supposedly they use Tripe Rec's with a Metal Zone... but for some reason I don't believe they use a Metal Zone.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
They only use Mesa Triple Recs. I've seen them twice.

Fail. They play 7 strings and barely tune down.

A lot of what Cannibal Corpse gets is from their skills. Supposedly they use Tripe Rec's with a Metal Zone... but for some reason I don't believe they use a Metal Zone.

Yeah....uh huh
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
get an EMG equipped flying v, plug it into a Boss Metalzone, then into a Mesa Triple Recto, then into a low end Crate cab.

That's the actual rig of Cannibal Corpse...with maybe a Boss NS-2 to attempt to kill the noise.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
get an EMG equipped flying v, plug it into a Boss Metalzone, then into a Mesa Triple Recto, then into a low end Crate cab.

That's the actual rig of Cannibal Corpse...with maybe a Boss NS-2 to attempt to kill the noise.

They used Marshall cabs when I saw them lol. But the BC Rich V + EMG's is correct. I bet the metal zone they use is modded... if they even use one.

Quote by kayman121
Yeah....uh huh

If you're implying guitarists like Pat O'Brien, Rob Barrett, and Jack Owen have no skill you're dilutional. They're better than you could ever imagine to be.
Quote by sargasm
the one guy with the Dean Caddy's got an old Crate Cab if i remember correctly; look up his rig on Uber Pro Audio. And they could use the Metal Zone for two things; using it on a clean channel for a really old school Entombed sound, or using on their distorted channel for a really boxy, compressed sound with the the volume turned down, so it gives that like far off int he distance sound.
i think they were using crate blue voodoos at the time..

but yea.. sick amounts of gain, scarce amounts of mids.

and jack owen is rumoured to use a METAL MASTER. which is by digitech.. not the metalzone by boss.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Yeah if you look on Wikipedia they list Rob Barrette as using Crate cabs. And I've seen pictures in studio of them playing Triple Recs through Crate, but both times I've seen them play they crushed us with Marshall 4x12's.

Even then... if they used "Low end" Crate cabs, it says they use V30's so it's not like they use the stock speakers.

You (not the fella above me) may not like Cannibal Corpse's music, but they are still damn fine musicians and they are loaded with skill.
Quote by sargasm
The drummer, Paul Mazurkiewicz, actually has more of a thrash/punk influence. So his style is what he loves. He's been doing it for years and it works amazing for them. Not to mention that song is fairly bland on the drums.

This image was taken from Pat O'Brien's myspace. The guitar to the farthest left is a 7 string BC Rich custom guitar.

http://b5.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01394/51/30/1394310315_l.jpg

Goodness you guys are making this such a headache and 95% of you don't even listen to Cannibal Corpse!
Quote by sargasm
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
The drummer, Paul Mazurkiewicz, actually has more of a thrash/punk influence. So his style is what he loves. He's been doing it for years and it works amazing for them. Not to mention that song is fairly bland on the drums.

This image was taken from Pat O'Brien's myspace. The guitar to the farthest left is a 7 string BC Rich custom guitar.

http://b5.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01394/51/30/1394310315_l.jpg

Goodness you guys are making this such a headache and 95% of you don't even listen to Cannibal Corpse!

Not to labour the point, but there are also 2 6-strings in that pic. All the older stuff was done on detuned 6s and baritones. The 7s are a reasonably recent thing.
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
They used Marshall cabs when I saw them lol. But the BC Rich V + EMG's is correct. I bet the metal zone they use is modded... if they even use one.

If you're implying guitarists like Pat O'Brien, Rob Barrett, and Jack Owen have no skill you're dilutional. They're better than you could ever imagine to be.

They're children compared to musicians like Jari Maenpaa, Chuck Schuldiner, and Adrian Smith.

Maybe if I made my amp sound like it was constipated and I played the same boring generic repetitive riffs over and over, you'd think I was good too.

Keep dreamin' kiddo.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by kayman121
They're children compared to musicians like Jari Maenpaa, Chuck Schuldiner, and Adrian Smith.

Maybe if I made my amp sound like it was constipated and I played the same boring generic repetitive riffs over and over, you'd think I was good too.

Keep dreamin' kiddo.

Your ignorance sure shows you have a closed mind and no idea what you're talking about. That box your in? You should step out of it and get a clue.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Your ignorance sure shows you have a closed mind and no idea what you're talking about. That box your in? You should step out of it and get a clue.

Clearly anyone who blatantly disagrees with you is bound by the shell of ignorance.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
It's just funny that us heavier metal/death metal folks have to accept all the classic artists who have fame. Yet all the death metal guitarists are given no respect 'cause of the high gain.

You're a hypocrite.

/thread
Quote by sargasm
the early stuff of cannibal corpse wasn't detuned very much, usually Eb and it was also very simple to play.

the drummer was usually switching between double bass, scissor beats, or blasts.

simple, but no less enjoyable than the later stuff which eventually became more technical.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.