5150 is probably, better, but i just got the valveking halfstack and its soo sick. its got plenty enough distortion for metal, and the cleans are beautiful. its definitely worth the money
There are better amps out there for metal, especially Peaveys. Try out a B-52 AT112, much better for metal than a VK. If you already have a cabinet, get a Krank Rev Jr., itll be awesome for metal.
Quote by soBLINKad
5150 is probably, better, but i just got the valveking halfstack and its soo sick. its got plenty enough distortion for metal, and the cleans are beautiful. its definitely worth the money
thats wat im lookin at but im more concerned about the head...anyone kno the life span of the tubes?
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
Like said before the 5150 would be a better choice for metal, but if you're only playing stuff thats like metallica or something the VK would be fine.
Tubes last about a year or so. If you intend to play metal and metal only then get something else. If you intend to play a wide variety of stuff, the VK is a good choice provided you have a good cab first.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by underoath0902
thats wat im lookin at but im more concerned about the head...anyone kno the life span of the tubes?

about a year if you're an average player. And they're not that big of a deal to replace. And it's worth it for sure.

And look at a 5150.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
if your going to get a valveking, you get the 1x12 combo, imo every other one is a waste. You can do a lot better then the valveking head on what your paying
Quote by Ghold125
if your going to get a valveking, you get the 1x12 combo, imo every other one is a waste. You can do a lot better then the valveking head on what your paying

+1. The 112 is the best deal out of them all if you don't need 100w. Hell, no one needs 100w unless they're playing stadiums or play death metal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
There are some VK bashers here. Careful who you ask.

The Valveking is a great entry level amp for anybody really. The 212 and Head are a bit overpriced, but if you can get one used, you're in the money. There are a fair few recommended mods. Check the ONLY VK thread for that. Tube swaps are a great idea for the sound anyway, so don't stick with the stock ones.

Honestly, it's not the best at anything, but it can do everything at least quite well. The cleans are actually quite good.
Quote by Raijouta
+1. The 112 is the best deal out of them all if you don't need 100w. Hell, no one needs 100w unless they're playing stadiums or play death metal.
lol this. but i play other stuff too.
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
what are the recommended mods?
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I agree a used 5150, 6505 would be better for you. Used they go for $500 to $600 with the occasional lucky s.o.b. that finds one for $350. Anyway - I live in Gotham (Chicago). Which major "Gotham" do you live near. Check your local Craigslist for a 5150 or 6505.