I'm looking for a new guitar for about £500-£650 I have tried:
Ibanez XPT 700
LTD Viper 400
Fender Strat
Ibanez RG?
Epiphone?
what u play? what amp? any specs u want? what do u already have?
Quote by powerhead
It's just an easy way to shift blame as always. If Slipknot caused people to get murdered, then spoons caused Rosie O'Donnell to get fat.

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
--(Matt)--
cmalm04
dwmacfar2
XPT ftw...

i saw one in GAK but didn't get time to try it out
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Strat's literally ALWAYS a good decision; with the exception of jazz, there's almost nowhere it doesn't fit in tonally (don't say metal, shredheads; a high gain amp will make it scream)
Ibanez are usually top dog quality-wise at this price range, but you have to find one that suits your playing - I can't personally manage an RG, necks are too wide and flat.
LTDs and Epiphones are, well, fine. I don't know a lot about them.
Quote by rslan
I'm looking for a new guitar for about £500-£650 I have tried:
Ibanez XPT 700
LTD Viper 400
Fender Strat
Ibanez RG?
Epiphone?

did you not like any of those ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I use my strat for jazz and it works. For jazz it's more about the amp then the guitar, albeit there sure are better guitars for jazz. As long as you use mostly the neck pickup and play real clean it'll sound okay for jazz.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by Rock Pig
Strat's literally ALWAYS a good decision; with the exception of jazz, there's almost nowhere it doesn't fit in tonally (don't say metal, shredheads; a high gain amp will make it scream)
Ibanez are usually top dog quality-wise at this price range, but you have to find one that suits your playing - I can't personally manage an RG, necks are too wide and flat.
LTDs and Epiphones are, well, fine. I don't know a lot about them.

You can play metal on a strat, but it looks ****ing stupid.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I have got a Marshall MG15 CDR and I play a Yamaha ERG 121. I do like the ones I've tried but I want to know if there are any more I should look out for, or which one I should get.
Quote by m4l666

You're right, it's impossible to play metal unless you look gr1m. Strats aren't gr1m.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by m4l666

Iron Maiden play Strat's
what kind of music do you play?
ibanez and ESP are commonly used for metal
Fender and Gibson are frequently used for hard rock and lighter stuff...
Quote by Harlot
what kind of music do you play?
ibanez and ESP are commonly used for metal
Fender and Gibson are frequently used for hard rock and lighter stuff...

I play metal and hard rock/ lighter stuff, and I want a good compromise.
Stop right there. Get yourself a new amp first.

People don't like MGs here D:
Quote by Rock Pig
Stop right there. Get yourself a new amp first.

People don't like MGs here D:

This.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
yeah, if you have an MG, that'd be the first thing to change. what's your current guitar?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^A fender strat according to his profile. If that's correct, then hell yes, upgrade that MG NOW. Always upgrade the amp if you have a good guitar.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
A Jackson DK2?
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by necrosis1193
^A fender strat according to his profile. If that's correct, then hell yes, upgrade that MG NOW. Always upgrade the amp if you have a good guitar.

looks like he has a yamaha starter guitar? i'd be upgrading both the amp and the guitar in that case...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
looks like he has a yamaha starter guitar? i'd be upgrading both the amp and the guitar in that case...

Huh, it used to say a strat, supposed he changed it...agreed then though.

Quote by m4l666

Hmm...how to respond to this...I lol'd...moreso than you?...Only if you already look ****ing stupid...eh, I'll go with all three.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by necrosis1193
Huh, it used to say a strat, supposed he changed it...agreed then though.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?