Page 1 of 4
..who finds the pit boring lately? I know I'm going to get flamed for this, oh well. Anyway, the pit used to be my favorite place on the internet. Lately though it seems this place is...deteriorating. I guess it's mostly for all the "photoshop" this threads and troll threads that aren't really very funny at all. Maybe it's all the political threads, I'm not sure, but I've just lost alot of interest in this place lately. Yes, I know there's a little red x in the top right of this screen to make it all go away but if you've spent enough time in the pit you know clicking that button can be hard, regardless of how bored you get here. Anyone else feel the same?

tl;dr: Pit has gotten boring/repetitive, am I the only one who thinks this?

don't hurt me....or rape me...please
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
yeah i agree, it's like any *chan here now, everybody just recycles all the old sayings/memes/ideas.

Along with people making Kensai jokes, yes hes funny but you don't have to lick his bumhole all the time.
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

Yeah...
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
start making threads that would intrest and enlighten our readers and just maybe they will return the favor.

As for ME thought, iv come to terms with the Pit constantly rising and falling in Epic level
yeah, some shoops are good though. but i have to agree that i get bored of the pit really easily
Yeah, the Pit's gotten boring. I fear it has left the glory days behind.

Plus, 9/10 08ers are idiots, making totally unfunny threads, killing the charm of the pit.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by Max-Roach
*shot**raped**wallet taken*

sign that says....

"Kensai was here"

aha! there was nothing in my wallet except my license and a picture of my girlfriend, now I must find Kensai and repay him for doing this

...i shouldn't have mentioned my girlfriend here should i?

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
I blame the 'ONLY' threads... Seriously.

Every time an interesting subject comes up that people start to get into, the thread gets closed because it fits into one of the 'ONLY' threads, which I find are impossible to debate in because there are too many arguments flying about and too many people posting. I wish the 'ONLY' threads would just die...

That and I have noticed a significant increase in Trolls... They can be funny sometimes mind you.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Tezza_Larks
yeah i agree, it's like any *chan here now, everybody just recycles all the old sayings/memes/ideas.

Along with people making Kensai jokes, yes hes funny but you don't have to lick his bumhole all the time.

I have to agree with all that, no offence to Kensai.

Quote by Pyrest
I concur. Shoop threads are getting REALLY old.

Correct.
Sig space available, give me some praise
the pit bores me too. I think its due to that 9/10 threads have like 200 replies, and I dont even bother responding to them.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Quote by IDread

Every time an interesting subject comes up that people start to get into, the thread gets closed because it fits into one of the 'ONLY' threads, which I find are impossible to debate in because there are too many arguments flying about and too many people posting. I wish the 'ONLY' threads would just die...

That and I have noticed a significant increase in Trolls... They can be funny sometimes mind you.

me too
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
from what i have heard, I arrived to UG right when it started to go downhill. the only epic thing i have seen happen here was the rise and fall of the pear. I am gonna have to agree with what you're saying TS, I livwe the pit, and i occasionally get an lol but sometimes its all the same
Quote by IDread

I agree with this man. Also we have a lack of November 08 users. Come on guys, bring on the n00bs!
Quote by sglover34479
Yeah it's gotten pretty boring. However, why do we all just sit here fapping and clicking and complaining about it? Let's do something to make the pit better. Any ideas?

make Epic non-troll thread!

*Thinks*
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by sglover34479
Yeah it's gotten pretty boring. However, why do we all just sit here fapping and clicking and complaining about it? Let's do something to make the pit better. Any ideas?

UG Alliance on Cybernations!

Kinda like the Drawball fad that failed miserably...
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
from what i have heard, I arrived to UG right when it started to go downhill. the only epic thing i have seen happen here was the rise and fall of the pear. I am gonna have to agree with what you're saying TS, I livwe the pit, and i occasionally get an lol but sometimes its all the same

An 08er hasn't seen the rise and fall of the pear
unless you lurked for years
Sig space available, give me some praise
Game threads (blah blah blah the user above you, ubershred fastest wanker elimination, etc) are the gayest.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It has been getting slightly dull but the good part is if you even need answers youll get about a page of answers to your question in under an hour

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by ross1234
An 08er hasn't seen the rise and fall of the pear
unless you lurked for years

I do believe I saw it. And yes I was lurking for years...

By the way who is up for a "Death to the 'ONLY' threads" group?
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I remember I couldn't find out how to post in the forums.

Then one day I did, and now I'm corrupt.

But yeah, the Pit has been getting boring. It was usually a place that I'd go to cure my boredom, but no longer will it suffice.

RIP Pit c. Fall 2008
Quote by Xiaoxi
Game threads (blah blah blah the user above you, ubershred fastest wanker elimination, etc) are the gayest.

The current gaming thread cannot match the old one, sadly. The old Gaming Thread was the greatest thread in the universe.

I can't stand those "User above you" things either, or the "elimination" threads. I've posted in a few of them once or twice, but then the novelty's worn off.
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Last edited by dgme92 at Nov 2, 2008,
Quote by Snuffles
It has been getting slightly dull but the good part is if you even need answers youll get about a page of answers to your question in under an hour

It doesn't happen for me...

It seems every thread I start or post in, the thread just dies and people avoid it.
The problem with The pit is that we're not creative or original anymore, we used up alot of Thread ideas.
Quote by Snuffles

and this thread is proof of that

But seriously, it seems that there are very few threads around here now that are interesting. I've been here for awhile, and I lurked for a long time before signing up, hell I'm still more of a lurker than anything...I still think the most epic thing I've ever seen on UG was the whole vincent745/ureh! thing

Quote by snow blind

Quote by Kiffa
im like the...only 08'er tht is actually pretty awesome..i hate it...and yes i saw the uprising and wonfall of the pear due to the fact i lurked for years and years
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
we need something new....fresh.... and epic...
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by metaldud536
I am Captain.

I'll get to it then...
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread

By the way who is up for a "Death to the 'ONLY' threads" group?

Well, not really. The "ONLY" threads are very handy. For instance, could you imagine if every little thread asking for gaming advice was left open, or if every thread about the U.S election was left open, or politics, or religion... I could go on. They're handy for keeping order, and stopping the front page being flooded with 'done-to-death' topics.
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by IDread
I'll get to it then...

i am master chief
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
I like the idea of a death to the "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind

Quote by Kiffa

Not just kensai realy. It seems to be Kensai + the mods balls sucking 24/7, not to mention the casual chan users dropping in memes because they think it makes them look cool.

Why the **** am I still here?
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by dgme92
Yeah, the Pit's gotten boring. I fear it has left the glory days behind.

Plus, 9/10 08ers are idiots, making totally unfunny threads, killing the charm of the pit.

I nmy lurking days, I remember seeing posts of people complaining about 06ers. Then the next year, UGers would complaing about the 07ers like myself.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Page 1 of 4