Ok, so I have a quick question and could really use your help.

I used a pencil to sketch out the Hendrix Monterey strat designs on my pickguard and now I want to go over it. It seems sharpie would be the easiest, but I heard it fades, so could I sharpie the designs and then clearcoat it to prevent fading/smearing?
Weekend Warrior
You could always just let it fade, and then do something different later. Hendrix wouldn't clearcoat that shit, he painted his V with nail polish.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
use paint that won't fade?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I know that George Harrison's psychedelic strat was painted with Nail Polish, too, so that might be the way to go if you want to recreate the swinging 60's.

A sharpie would almost certainly rub off, and nail varnish would chip off, so some kind of clearcoat would be a good idea
Ok, thanks guys. Funkbass, I said sharpie because of the ease, but I probably will now just paint it on with a slim brush then clearcoat.

Thanks.
Weekend Warrior
ive drawn on my stringray pickguard and i clearcoated it, 4 months later its still good as the day i put it on

EDIT: i used perment pens used to write on cds to draw on my pickguard
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Yeah get some clear lacquer, either nitro or acrylic, make sure it wont melt the design though.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man