Is there any reason for me to go with the 212 instead of the 112 other than the watt difference?

I have about $650 to spend on a new amp come Christmas time, but if I can I'd like to put some money toward a new guitar. So would it be better for me to go with the 112 and save $120 or get the 212?

I'm more of a bedroom rocker than a gigging musician, so I don't see why I would need more than 50w.
you wouldn't even need that for a bedroom cos its a tube amp and a bloody loud one!
a 20W tube amp will be too loud for bedroom practise :p
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Definetly get the 112. 50w is plenty for most gigs unless you're playing a stadium or something, and having the 212 just means spending more money when you have to change tubes or if you want a speaker upgrade.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
If you're only playing in your bedroom you won't be able to put the 112 above 1 or 2 on the lead channel, and not above 3 on the clean channel... but it's still good to have in case you perform somewhere.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Although with the 212, you have more possibilities with speaker changes. Mixing speakers often sounds great!
I'd go with the 112. I recently got a 212 and was playing able to play Nickleback type songs with the volume nob on 3. Hell, I don't think its even been above 4 yet.

So yeah, defiantly go for the 112 for bedroom type stuff. It'll still be more than loud enough to play with friends or small gigs if you need to.