ok so heres the quick version since i dont feel like typing: i was playing, amp suddenly died. lights went off, sound went off, nothing. now nothing is happening. fuse or tubes or what?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
check the tubes in the back and see if they're all lit up. replace the fuse, come back to us.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Plug it in?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
It is plugged in? Did you accidentally pull it out or something?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

its plugged in, guitar plugged in, plugged into the cab. no power or channel lights on. no tubes light up.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ok so i changed out the fuse. the amp came on and worked as good as ever. then 10 minutes later it died again. this time the lights all stayed on so i dont know wtf is going on...im thinkin tubes because they are the original tubes and this is an old 5150 lol

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Sounds like the HT fuse now, did the tubes stay lit up?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by InanezGuitars44
ok so i changed out the fuse. the amp came on and worked as good as ever. then 10 minutes later it died again. this time the lights all stayed on so i dont know wtf is going on...im thinkin tubes because they are the original tubes and this is an old 5150 lol

Original 5150 with stock tubes? lol, it's really time to change them man. Like was mentioned, it's probably a fuse inside the amp now. One of your tubes is probably arcing and blowing fuses.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
so its a fuse caused by a tube? meaning i need a new fuse AND tubes? i figured it was the tubes, but id hate for there to also be a fuse in the amp. that means i have to bring it to a dang tech.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
so its a fuse caused by a tube? meaning i need a new fuse AND tubes? i figured it was the tubes, but id hate for there to also be a fuse in the amp. that means i have to bring it to a dang tech.

well, that's what's most likely, since they are so old. The fuse probably went if one is starting to short out. There are 4 fuses in the amp, they shouldn't charge you much if that's all it is. They are pretty easy to get to yourself if you wanted.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Most likely, the mains fuse died.

Fuses just don't die, unfortunately. Something kills them. Yeah, Gonna go with the dude that said you got a bad tube.
ok update + correction. now the amp turns on and the tube slight up, but no sound AND no standby light. the power light come son, but when i flip it off of standby that light doesnt come on. its like its stuck on standby lol

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Did you check all the fuses? Got a multimeter? Pull the fuses and ohm them, I've seen those things blow on the inside near the end where you can't see.
i dont really have the tools, knowledge, or experience needed to open up an amp without being in serious danger lo. so i guess it needs to go into the shop?l

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
^Neither do i, but i'm about to open my ultra plus(Similar amp to yours) and replace the fuses..

I have the same problem as you.. lol. After i pop the fuse in i'll probably swap out the tubes from the crappy Svetlana's
Take it to a shop. It's either an internal fuse or your power transformer or both.
Also could have been a tube arcing that caused more serious damage because you kept turning it on.
Why do people keep saying "open it up and see if your tubes are lit."

You know, some preamp tubes don't really light up, even when they are functioning properly.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups