i've never had to buy a whammy bar before because they always came with the guitar but i just got a used strat a little bit ago and it didn't come with a whammy bar. i went to this (shitty) local music store to try and buy one and he asked me what size... i didn't even know there were sizes o.O

so, either the music store didn't know what they were talking about or i need to find out what size i need to buy. i have a vintage 57 reissue american strat.
Do you mean a bridge or just a plain bar?
A bridge will be hell to replace if by didn't have a bar you mean it was hardtail. Don't bother.

If it's just a bar, just take your guitar in and have it fitted. It's not such a big deal. None of us can tell you what size you need unless you specify your model. (don't bother)(oh wait, you did. nvm)
a fap bar jk. I'd get a standard fender whammy bridge.....Floyd roses are very annoying IMO
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Quote by SGmaniac1021
a fap bar jk. I'd get a standard fender whammy bridge.....Floyd roses are very annoying IMO

They are cool but unnecessary.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

He's asking for the tremolo bar, not the bridge.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by m4l666
They are cool but unnecessary.

YOU'RE unnecessary.

I love my Floyd Roses.

TS, it would be easier to just buy another guitar with a trem rather than putting one in.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Which type of trem is on the '57 reissue? Is it a vintage 6-hole? If that's the case just ask for a bar that will fit in a fender vintage 6-hole tremolo bridge.
just say srat style im pretty sure that will just get you the right one
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by Colgate Total
YOU'RE unnecessary.

I love my Floyd Roses.

TS, it would be easier to just buy another guitar with a trem rather than putting one in.

1. I don't get the hype over Floyd Roses. I can use my strats trem without detuning. Sure they look cooler, but their a pain in the ass to restring and just unnecessary. =/

2. Not really. Not only is it cheaper if your just getting the bridge and installing it, but installing a bridge isn't that hard if you know what your doing.

To the topic starter; If it's a full bridge you need you'll probably want one of the Fender 62' reissue bridges. If it's just the bar tell them you don't know. A local shop around here has a box full of tremolo bars, they just try each until one works.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0