I'm in a real weird situation right now. For the past couple of years I've been working really hard on everything that has to do with the guitar, but I'm getting really discouraged. To me, the only things that matter are the three T's (Time, Tuning, and Tone), but the tuning part is throwing me off.

About a year ago I started to get serious about playing in tune and whatnot and learned that the guitar cannot play in perfect tune. This was a HUGE setback for me, but I thought I'd get over it. It turns out that now that I'm recording, its a bigger problem than ever. A week ago I just got so frustrated that I really considered giving up the guitar because of its inherent tuning flaws. I just want to know if I'm alone here.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Go to a guitar tech, get the bridge adjusted so it fits with the scale of the neck, get new strings if they're not new, get a good tuner if you don't have one. A guitar can't be 100% in tune but it can be close enough for recording.
Are you talkin about intonation along the string, what frequency to tune to, which tuning to use? If your guitar isn't staying in tune I would recommend getting it professionally set-up or learning to yourself. Also locking machine heads provide stabilty without having to go for a locking bridge system.

I've never really thought of this as a problem. It is hard to be exact with most things in the world, but being as accurate as possible is fine.

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Quote by pwrmax
Go to a guitar tech, get the bridge adjusted so it fits with the scale of the neck, get new strings if they're not new, get a good tuner if you don't have one. A guitar can't be 100% in tune but it can be close enough for recording.

I was referring to intonation. I know a guitar can't be 100% in tune, but thats the problem. If any single note on the neck is less than perfect (and I mean that in the literal sense of the word), it drives me crazy.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/