I have been practicing chromatic scales and find it very difficult to fret a string without muting the adjacent strings. I have very thick finger tips, the only way I don't mute the other strings is by fretting the string with skin between my nail and finger tip. I have built up calluses so it doesn't hurt but it makes it feel uncomfortable after awhile. I have a B.C. Rich Warlock. Does anyone have a suggestion on which guitars might better fit my needs.
Practice more, you'll get used to it :P
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
I seen a guy's guitar in a local shop that he has either had made for him, or modded it to have larger distances between the strings. This could help.

But try to curl your fingers more, so the tip of your finger is perpendicular to the neck, so the very tip of your finger is pressing the string, and not the pad of your finger.

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Thanks for the tips Is there any guitars that have a wider neck and thinner neck. I heard that a fat stratocaster might be what I'm looking for?
You don't need a special neck, you just need to be more percicse. Focus on using the tips of your fingers and only muting when you want to mute. It may help to slow it down, make sure you're doing it accurately, then speed it up. Just be paitent, there's no quick fix for practice.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
try arching your fingers so your fingers are coming down to the fretboard as perpendicular as possible. if that makes sense.... In other words don't come in to the fretboard at an angle cause you'll mute other strings that way
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Wouldn't you want to mute the strings anyways so you don't get any unwanted noise?
You sound like you need to start playing bass. No, I am not trying to recruit you.
well if you want to mute other strings than you can come in at an angle, but if you want to hit multiple strings for a chord or a double stop than you want to come to the fretboard at a very steep angle so you DON'T mute the other strings you want to play as well.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards