Poll: Do you like multi effects units?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like multi effects units?
Yes
9 43%
A bit/Sometimes
10 48%
No
2 10%
Voters: 21.
What's your opinion? Are they practical? Unoriginal? Too expensive? Any opinions, suggestions and hate passages on multi-effects here.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I think they are great especially if youre a bedroom player. But if youre a serious player only after one tone then a tube amp and pedal is better.
For home practise when you don't want to make loads of noise, they're great. But as has and will be said, the tone isn't exactly perfect.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Personally I like the idea, especially considering I am the kind of player who likes lots of completely different tones. I would probably prefer to get a rackmount+ a footswitch as that seems more versatile to me.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I like them....

1 : You can't lose your tiny pedals anymore
2 : Only needs like 2 cables
3 : My pod x3 is pretty complicated '-.- (maybe the reason is that i'm only 15 and english isn't my mother language)
4 : I think their cheaper then 5 pedals..
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
My friend and i drove up to guitar center in atlanta, and he got a Boss ME-50. Its a great little contraption, with lots of tone, but not as good as an original pedal
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
I love amp modeling. Going from mesa to soldano to ac 30 to whatever is great for home practice and you get better tones then any of the practice SS amps out there.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD