Hello all

I've decided to change the strings on my Squire Precision as i've had them for what must be a couple years now and i was wondering what the best gauge strings would be for a bassist who plays a mix of various types of rock and switches between finger style and plectrums

When i bought the strings i have now i was a plectrum player and and a friend recommended me to buy Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky as they were a good strength to use for plectrums but now i've branched out to finger style about a couple months ago and i want a good gauge for both styles thanks

Can anybody help please? I was thinking of regular slinkys but i thought it'd be best to ask people who know their on about first

Thanks

Also this is my first post and even after playing bass for like 2-3 years now i still dont know that much about them so go easy on me please
try guage 45-100
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by daroesb

Can anybody help please? I was thinking of regular slinkys but i thought it'd be best to ask people who know their on about first

I use EB Regular Slinky and they work great for me, I can do alot of different styles on them.

Actually come to think of it I use Super Some times aswell and they both work great.
Last edited by aaciseric at Nov 2, 2008,
Quote by aaciseric
I use EB Regular Slinky and they work great for me, I can do alot of different styles on them.

i use these strings, i play metal and punk, and i do abit of blues

Quote by K!!LsWiTcH
wtf is plectrum

a pick

www.google.com

search plectrum on that

No elites mentioned yet? Stadium Elites are arguably the best string around, so if you live in Europe I'd recommend you get them in "regular" gauge, but i've heard good things about rotos. As for EB, i hear they tend to die quite quickly, but the quality on them is undeniably good.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.