I play guitar, and my friend wants to start playin bass. I have no idea what to get him, and neither does he. He likes alota things, from The Black Keys to Escape the Fate. and wants to learn slapping and stuff. Can you help me find ones to try at guitar center? I'm assuming also he should get a teacher, how much does that cost?
meh
An Ibanez GSR200 and an Acoustic AB50 is a good start... ...to beat The Humanity to it...

Teacher prices vary in location, 10 30 minute lessons cost me about £150.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
squier affinity jazz or p?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Jonn0
An Ibanez GSR200 and an Acoustic AB50 is a good start... ...to beat The Humanity to it...

Teacher prices vary in location, 10 30 minute lessons cost me about £150.

an acoustic bass?

oh and sorry, his budget is 200-300 US dollars.
meh
Quote by get ta led out!
an acoustic bass?

oh and sorry, his budget is 200-300 US dollars.

the acoustic AB50 is an amp
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Tell him to try some squiers and some ibanez', at that price build quality will vary between different models of the same guitar, so best to just try everything out and hope you "luck out". Also avoid epiphones, they may look cool, but they're impractical to play and muddy sounding.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Quote by Vampire 255
the acoustic AB50 is an amp

Can you see how bad I am with basses?

Does it matter what kind, because in electric guitar world, Squiers suck....also, is that ab50 thing a good amp, or should we look for more?

I don't trust GC people after they recommended me a Les Paul 100 and a Spider, so I really need to be guided thru this.
meh
While Squier guitars are some of the worst starters, Squier basses are some of the best.