As far as distorted sound/tone which one so you guys think is better? I haven't gotten my hand on and old dual to try it but I tried an old triple and I liked it a lot. what's your guys opinion?
The older Rectifiers were always a little more lively and real sounding to me compared to the newer 3 channel ones. There's just something about those pre-500 Rectos.

There isn't much of a difference tone-wise I wouldn't think. If you really knit-pick, you could probably tell the difference. It's a lot like the Soldano Hot Rod vs Soldano SLO difference.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
so what you are saying is that I should save a heap of money and go track down an old dual? roadsters go for $2000 brand new and they are hard to find used.
Quote by twistudriffer
so what you are saying is that I should save a heap of money and go track down an old dual? roadsters go for $2000 brand new and they are hard to find used.

No, I'm not saying hunt them down. The newer ones are absolutely fine. They sound great and are built like tanks. They're awesome. Like I said before, the difference is subtle.

The 'Holy Grail' of Duals are the 93-94s if I remember right. If you really want to track them down, feel free. It'll be easier to pick up a new one though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
they sound loads better. I heard one last night, and I was actually really impressed with it. Still love my DC more though, but I wouldn't mind owning an old 2 ch. Recto, or at least something like a Trem-O-Verb.