''3 Inches Of Blood drummer Alexei Rodriguez was involved in a fight with Saxon drummer Nigel Glockler at the Hard Rock Hell UK metal festival last weekend.

Glockler ended up with broken glasses and a black eye, and 3 Inches Of Blood have since released the following open letter of apology:

"Dear Nigel and Saxon,

On behalf of all the members of 3 Inches Of Blood we would like to express the utmost regret and sincere apology regarding the actions of our drummer, Alexei Rodriguez, that occurred in Minehead in the early hours of November 10.

In no way were Alexei's actions a reflection of our band. Needless to say we were completely shocked and horrified to learn about these events and are grateful that Saxon was still able to perform. We have complete respect for Saxon as a band and as individuals and would never want anyone's livelihood as a musician to be jeopardized for any reason.

Alexei's behaviour was appalling and completely unacceptable and it is our decision to immediately remove him from the band. We would like to attempt to repair the damage that has been caused and hope that you will not think of 3 Inches Of Blood as a band that habitually acts in such inappropriate ways.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and continuing to make great music.

Sincerely,

Cam Pipes, Justin Hagberg, Shane Clark, Nick Cates and Jamie Hooper of 3 Inches Of Blood"

I like Saxon INFINITELY better than 3 inches, but I think kicking a band member out for something like this, a little extreme... I mean, what wasn't mentioned in the article is that the 3inches drummer was hospitalized after the bouncers beat the shit outta him.
Old.

I love Saxon. Went to see them 2 years ago at sheffield and they were amazing.

This fight just proves that:

Old > New
ummm...november 10th hasnt happened yet
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
its called consequences, he now has to deal with it

i would kick anyone out of my band who, (apparently) starts random fights with other bands, although i see no evidence of him starting the fight

edit - ^^ good point

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by EMGs_rule
its called consequences, he now has to deal with it

i would kick anyone out of my band who, (apparently) starts random fights with other bands, although i see no evidence of him starting the fight

Well we don't know the whole story really.

EDIT: Besides, it's heavy metal and not a celin dion concert. There are fights all the time!

Remember that time Angus Young punched Tony Iommi in the face? Or when Geezer Butler pulled a knife out on Malcolm Young? Or even when the Who and the Guess Who got into a brawl.

This is dirty dirty rocknroll, to an extent it's to be expected.
Last edited by Rising at Nov 2, 2008,
im thinking he has a time machine
its the only way
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
meh, was it televised?
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Saxon are a great band, wonder what happend! The festival was at some shitty holiday place like butlins, haha. Bizzare like.
erm yeah, this happened in 2007 .. Ash Pearson has been their drummer since 2007
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I'm listening to 3 Inches of Blood right now.

The drummer was a douche, you don't get into a fight with someone in a legendary band like Saxon.

Have some respect, son.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I think its been clarified already, but i need to give my E-peen some loving, so here goes.

THATS A YEAR OLD! YA DIPSHIT!
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Is this from last year or eight days in the future? Or it's a fake as hell publicity stunt.
Quote by metaldud536
Can you explain how this fight happened 8 days into the future?

It happened last year.
Quote by IronMaiden5
It happened last year.

=/

Didn't know it was Nov. 10, just found it online when I typed in ''Saxon''.
This isnt an overreaction by the way, alexai was a prick anyway so this was just the straw.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.