Hey guys,

Spent most of today working on this new song, because I just had no inspiration for any other of the songs I'm trying to write at the moment. Turned out well I think though. But I want the lovely people from UG to review fo' meh.

It's based around the First Level from Halo 1 + Halo 2. You'll get the idea with the markers.

I'll crit 4 crit aswell.

And if you like this, gimmeh some reviews on my other song, It's based around Elizabeth Swan from Pirates of the Caribbean writing a ghost stories book. So yeah...Check that out aswell You know you want to. Ms.Turner's Ghost Stories
i really liked it, nice one mate
quite progressive as well which is good thing lol
gonna check out your other one as well, sounds interesting
Wow this was a pretty cool song, more metalcore than metal though. I really liked how the mood changed with the different names of each section. Halo is one of my favorite games so I had to check it out. I was expecting something with a similar sound to the game soundtrack, but I was caught off guard and pleasantly surprised. The clean break is awesome and the bass there is really awesome. I really like every part, my least favorite part probably being the breakdown-ey-ish-ish type-ish section, but it's still pretty good.

8/10 definitely, could have used a solo.

PS: Halo 1>Halo 2 (But they are both awesome)
Very nice. I like how busy it is, it kept my interest the whole way through. Everything flowed well.

The only thing I didn't really think fit was the keyboard part that surfaces in "3 km above earth with glory in sight". I think the part itself just doesn't suit the song. The B and B flat notes that are both in there sort of conflict eachother. Personally, the B flat works better to my ears, though.

Either way, very cool little ditty. 8.63/10.
Definately got Halo out of this song. Melodies really caught my ear, especially when I played it in MIDI. Was really diverse and interesting through the entire thing, quite a feat considering some of its metalcor-ish qualities. All in all nice job I definately enjoyed it. I think it would be awesome as a song for a real band.
Quote by Dethkreep
Definately got Halo out of this song. Melodies really caught my ear, especially when I played it in MIDI. Was really diverse and interesting through the entire thing, quite a feat considering some of its metalcor-ish qualities. All in all nice job I definately enjoyed it. I think it would be awesome as a song for a real band.

MIDI > Real music Thanks for the review! If you have anything you'd like me to Crit lemme know.

Quote by poopdedoop
Very nice. I like how busy it is, it kept my interest the whole way through. Everything flowed well.

The only thing I didn't really think fit was the keyboard part that surfaces in "3 km above earth with glory in sight". I think the part itself just doesn't suit the song. The B and B flat notes that are both in there sort of conflict eachother. Personally, the B flat works better to my ears, though.

Either way, very cool little ditty. 8.63/10.

Yeah the keyboard part was a bit of a change but I thought it's ment to be a spacey song, and the keyboards kinda worked well for falling through the sky as explosions go off around you. Keyboards being the MC and Explosions being the Ensuing battle around him. Yeah the B isn't in key. Bb is in the Key Im in F major/D minor. Thanks for the rest of the crit! I'm a fan of your work so it means alot coming from you.

Quote by bloodshed344
Wow this was a pretty cool song, more metalcore than metal though. I really liked how the mood changed with the different names of each section. Halo is one of my favorite games so I had to check it out. I was expecting something with a similar sound to the game soundtrack, but I was caught off guard and pleasantly surprised. The clean break is awesome and the bass there is really awesome. I really like every part, my least favorite part probably being the breakdown-ey-ish-ish type-ish section, but it's still pretty good.

8/10 definitely, could have used a solo.

PS: Halo 1>Halo 2 (But they are both awesome)

Yeah I normally write the songs and then go back over them and add all the titles to make a story out of it Wow yeah I forgot I had no real solo. I didn't really feel one coming through anywhere in the song though :s: ah well. Thanks for the crit! I think I critted on of yours before? Twas good if I remember