I have the guitar pro tabs for guitars suck but in one part it says you tap on the 29th fret.

where may I find a guitar with 29 frets ???
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
You can get a 32 fret guitar somewhere, but I can't remember what it's called.

And what song is it anyways?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
You can get a 32 fret guitar somewhere, but I can't remember what it's called.

I think it's an Edwards.
some Caparison guitars have extended fretboards, like the Horus, which is one SWEET guitar...
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by Flying Couch
I think it's an Edwards.

AFAIK Edwards and Caparison only have 27 fret guitars.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Unless of course they messed up and maybe it was supposed to be the 20th fret?
You could try that too
probably the tab must be wrong, try to listen to the song and take that part by ear

Kiko Loureiro's Tagima K1 signature model got 27 frets
Sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian
alright thanks guys.

I wanted to play this song for a gig, so I guess I'll rent one of those guitars
get some 8's and bend like a mutha
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?

just wanted to show it can even go to the 30th fret X_x
Bumblefoot achieves this by using his own technique (I read about in an interview in Guitar World with him). Correct me if im wrong, but he puts a thimble on his fret hand pinky and touches it to the string, therefore creating a guitar with frets virtually all the way to the bridge. You can easily achieve frets in the 30s by doing this i believe. It of course takes practice to know exactly where to touch the thimble at.

However, i guess you could just buy one of those funky guitars with huge fretboards, but this is the "right" way to do it.
O-O

try to transfer the notes to the G string
Sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian
Quote by football4224
Bumblefoot achieves this by using his own technique (I read about in an interview in Guitar World with him). Correct me if im wrong, but he puts a thimble on his fret hand pinky and touches it to the string, therefore creating a guitar with frets virtually all the way to the bridge. You can easily achieve frets in the 30s by doing this i believe. It of course takes practice to know exactly where to touch the thimble at.

However, i guess you could just buy one of those funky guitars with huge fretboards, but this is the "right" way to do it.

You mean hes using a thimble as a slide, not really anything new but fair nuff
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by football4224

alright I'll look into that.
^ lol still above 24 rofl

but yeah the only thing i can suggest is a slide.. or if bumblefoot uses a thimble.. a thimble it shall be lol
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
From what I read, hes just using the thimble to tap the string, but he probably uses it for slides too.
Quote by Flying Couch
I think it's an Edwards.

Did you mean this one? Its 27 frets
http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/cy/E-CY-165CTM.html
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Nov 2, 2008,
Quote by Snapple
You mean hes using a thimble as a slide, not really anything new but fair nuff

I think he meant a thimble on one of the fingers of his picking hand, so he could tap notes. Not sure though.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by edusty2010
Tap the string with a pick around where the 29th fret would be.

Just try it.

This works. If you just tap where the 29th (or wherever) fret would be, a pick will make the not heard, but it will not sustain for any amount of time. This works great if the lick as fast, as sustain really won't matter
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by BobChicken
some Caparison guitars have extended fretboards, like the Horus, which is one SWEET guitar...

The Horus and the Applehorn are 27 frets.
I should have enough cash for a Horus in the near future.
Quote by JaykeSucks
I think he meant a thimble on one of the fingers of his picking hand, so he could tap notes. Not sure though.

What he was getting at is that he's using a piece of metal on his finger to simulate a fret above the strings

If the tab is correct, i'd say he's probably using the edge of the pick to tap in the area where that fret would be.
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
Has anyone even watched the video I posted a link to? It's of bumblefoot talking about his use of a thimble, and in a couple other videos there, he even uses it for part of that song.

He has a metal thimble on his picking hand pinky, and uses it to tap the notes. Not extra frets (though I believe he has some guitars with over 24 so occasionally he may), not anything to do with the fret hand, not the side of the pick.