Im considering buying a new guitar to play death metal on, particularly bands like Morbid Angel, Vader, Nile, Gojira etc etc - so naturally i'll be tuning this guitar down a few steps. I'd like a neck-through guitar with a tuneomatic/fixed bridge. I dont want a V shaped guitar or any other style of guitar that wont sit well on my leg.

i have a budget of around £450 atm so ideally under that but it doesnt really matter if its over £450 because i can always save up for longer if i think its worth it.

Oh and i dont really want a 7-string - no particular reason, just preference.

So im just looking for guitar recomendation that will fit my budget/preferences, at the moment all i can think of is the Ibanez ICT700 Iceman and the BC Rich Exotic Warlock but id like other suggestions.

Thanks.
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
Marshall TSL601 Limited Edition Racing Green
Don't get a BC Rich, go with an ESP or Jackson. Schecter comes with sweet pickups.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
hmm, Vs sit ok on my leg...well the dean razorback Vs do anyway..

but something with EMGs is essential
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
£450? Hmm.... Schecter? Try this or similar models.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Quote by Lil Macker
Maybe you could look at a Jackson Dinky DKMGT?

http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/1655-mg_series_dkmgt_dinky_electric_guitar

The EMGs will help getting the tone, and it has everything you want, but I'm not too sure if you'd want another Jackson or whatever.

EDIT: Or a Schecter Hellraiser or something, but you can only get them on soundslive.com.

I dont mind another Jackson, and i do really like the look of that DKMGT but i like a set neck, and AFAIK Jackson dont do set necks except in the higher end models like the Select-series and some Pro-series.

Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Don't get a BC Rich, go with an ESP or Jackson. Schecter comes with sweet pickups.

Which models though.
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
B.C Rich's higher end models are fine, this excluding the USA series, which whips the crap out of most production guitars...I can't believe people are still on thay 2004 bandwagon.
Quote by Mortalitas
Im considering buying a new guitar to play death metal on, particularly bands like Morbid Angel, Vader, Nile, Gojira etc etc - so naturally i'll be tuning this guitar down a few steps. I'd like a neck-through guitar with a tuneomatic/fixed bridge. I dont want a V shaped guitar or any other style of guitar that wont sit well on my leg.

i have a budget of around £450 atm so ideally under that but it doesnt really matter if its over £450 because i can always save up for longer if i think its worth it.

Oh and i dont really want a 7-string - no particular reason, just preference.

So im just looking for guitar recomendation that will fit my budget/preferences, at the moment all i can think of is the Ibanez ICT700 Iceman and the BC Rich Exotic Warlock but id like other suggestions.

Thanks.

BC Rich Stealth Chuck Schuldiner Tribute. If it was good enough for the father of death metal its good enough for all of us. But seriously its a pretty death metal guitar with an amazing build and really impressive from the looks of it and what I've heard.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
I have last year's Exotic Classic Warlock, and this year it comes with a reverse-curved headstock! (But minus the tone knob). Buy one! Really nice balance, and the tone is fairly sweet, even with the stock pups. Neck-through joint feels really nice in the upper register, too. Just offering a counterpoint to the anti-BCR stuff you're going to hear.
go with ESP or Jackson.
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\
Pity you aren't in Australia...I'm selling an older model BC Rich NJ series Mockingbird pretty cheap.
Look at an ESP/LTD Eclipse. They look cool, and they take abuse.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by JaykeSucks
Pity you aren't in Australia...I'm selling an older model BC Rich NJ series Mockingbird pretty cheap.
Look at an ESP/LTD Eclipse. They look cool, and they take abuse.

where are you in aus?
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\
Quote by vinc3nt
where are you in aus?

Adelaide. But I'm willing to ship anywhere.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by Eric 666
B.C Rich's higher end models are fine, this excluding the USA series, which whips the crap out of most production guitars...I can't believe people are still on thay 2004 bandwagon.

True, I challenge someone to play a USA Stealth, and not love it.
an old bandmate of mine had the BC rich assassin. it was pretty nice actually.. i wouldn't have paid the money he paid for it.. but it was an undeniably nice guitar.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
i got Ibanez S520EX it's small, has a ZT tremolo and is really light, sounds awesome and looks badass
Thanks for all the advice guys, ill definately be checking some of the guitars mentioned out - especially the Chuck Schuldiner Stealth, it sounds really good.
My Gear:

Jackson RR5