I'm getting one of these in 15w
I'm playing mostly metal
Can I get some honest opinions on each and which is better
Cube 15x.

Much better modeling. Look into the Peavey Vypyr too.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I haven't played through a good 15 watt SS yet. Try and spring for a Cube 30. Miles ahead.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Cube 30x...Has 2 i think amp models for metal(i think) maybe 3...better quality...Spider sucks if it's not the valve version xD

i Am about to buy a cube for mine...And dont forget cube is more friendly and has acoustic simulator,chromatic tuner, power squezzer, and it has the future that when you play soft you have clean and when you play harder you have distorted sound..
Quote by MetalMan-93
Cube 30x...Has 2 i think amp models for metal(i think) maybe 3...better quality...Spider sucks if it's not the valve version xD

i Am about to buy a cube for mine...And dont forget cube is more friendly and has acoustic simulator,chromatic tuner, power squezzer, and it has the future that when you play soft you have clean and when you play harder you have distorted sound..

The Spider Valve is the same difference. Same Spider models but double the price.

Tubes don't always make things better.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
im just putting out fair warning since that other guy said mg
if you get an mg, buy a good distortion pedal b/c the OD on the MG's suck really bad
the clean isnt horrible though

but honestly
try and upgrade to a 30 watt (not an mg)
they usually sound a lot better
try out the cube, a select few people like line 6 tone
(still cant figure out why the pod is so popular)
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Last edited by roarinflames at Nov 2, 2008,
i have a couple of friends who play through line 6 spiders and they kick ass,compared to the cube id go line 6
the line 6 30w 112 is ok upi till about 4 or 5 on the volume, then it sounds bad but at low volume at has great tone, also you can get the footpedal FBV to control your 4 presets and it has a wah/volume and tuner for about $90...pretty good value really.
Quote by roarinflames
(still cant figure out why the pod is so popular)

They're popular because in my opinion they make better preamps then anything i've heard out of the SS amps. Better fx, better modeling... just better. But there is a learning curve. If you don't have the patience to learn them it's probably best not to buy one.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Cube. The Line 6 has really poor modeling, and I haven't had any experience with a Peavey Vyper, however. You'll have to ask someone who has had experience with it. I also have tried the MG, and I couldn't get a single good sound out of it.
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
I've had both the mg and spider( I was very no0bi5sh i know)... both for a VERY brief period of time before bringing them back to the store and I must say the spider beats the mg, but not by much, haven't tried the cube but I have tried a vox AD15 or 30 (I think?) and they seemed pretty nice.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Cube 30X, a really good metal practice amp.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
I think I'll go with the vypyr now
I've heard it just blows the spider away and its got more effects
-Roland Cube
-Peavey Vypyr
-Vox AD series

These are three very good *VALUE PRICED* modelling amps.

My short reviews from my opinion and experience;

Roland Micro Cube:

Simple, reliable and very good sound for a tiny budget-amp. The micro cube is probably my choice for practice amp because it can be battery powered and sounds solid.

Upsides: Great tone no matter what.
problems: Little control over "models"/tone compared to the other two.

Vox AD series:

I owned the 30 watt model... This was very good amp... Very versatile and customizable... Every effect on the thing can be tweeked with ease... two channels, too!

Upsides: Great sound and decent selection... The Cleans are very, very nice.
Problems: Half of the effects (while they have the ability to be "subtle") are terribly cheesy (Chorus and Phaser are terrible). The gain models are never too "Metal" and the passive EQ knobs don't do a whole lot... The gain models are still useful and good though.

Peavey Vypyr:

I've played this amp only once, so I'm no expert with it... The amount of configurations and presets you can make is unreal... VERY smart when jamming. The amp was designed to be quickly programmed.

Upsides: Versatile and smart as ****.
Problems: Cheesy and Line-6 Spider as ****. Though 75% of this amp is very nice sounding... the other 25% sounds terrible.