Alright so I'm trying to record my guitar, doesn't need to be professional quality or anything, I just need to get it into the computer. I've tried plugging the cord directly from my guitar into my PC mic slot (with an adapter of course) and the sound is total shit. Plus it's too soft, even with distortion plug-ins it still sounds awful. I have a mic too, which I'm primarily gonna be using for recording drums.

Can anyone suggest me some recording equipment? I'm on a sorta tight budget. $100 or under, I already have software -.-
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
you can't go really far with 100$, you'll need save up a bit I guess
Wait, acoustic or electric, and do you want to record the amp? And $100 won't make it if you want to mike the amp.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
I already have the mic, I just need something to connect it to the computer. The adapter straight to the sound card doesn't really work that well.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
try a pocket size voice recorder...if you mic your amp with it it willl sound ok. not great but at least ok
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Quote by andrew12398
I already have the mic, I just need something to connect it to the computer. The adapter straight to the sound card doesn't really work that well.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MicMate

If you need more than that, there's the Art Dual USB. What's the mike, out of curiosity?
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Just get the right cable to plug your mic into the pc and stick that in front of your amp. It'll be a better sound than going straight in...
Mess around with the EQ. Make sure you are using the line in, not mic input.