I bought their album the other day. I love his witty lyrics. Anyone heard of them? Opinions...
"It's fun until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious."
Haven't got the album, but I'm half and half on their singles. I can't stand Backfired at the Disco and Moving to New York, but the octave riff in Let's Dance to Joy Division is pretty cool and fun to play, and Kill the Director has great lyrics. Wouldn't really be keen on seeing them live, saw some footage and the guitarist/singer always looks out of breath (he's suprisingly chubby )
They make me want to Dance to Joy Division, instead of what people normally do to Joy Division which is brood and feel bad.

I'm with Jammy though, some of their songs put me off a bit.
Let's Dance To Joy Divison always makes me happy and Kill The Director is amazing. Yeah I saw a video and he had to yell out some of the words, just couldn't get them out for some reason.
I always felt they were trying to cash in on Joy Division's success or something... like "Lookit me!!!1 im cool i listen to joy durvision!!!!1 buy my moosik!!11"

or perhaps im just overly cynical... but it just seems to me that all the bands that sing about other (better) bands in their songs are just trying to appear cool to the fans of that band
Quote by korinaflyingv
I always felt they were trying to cash in on Joy Division's success or something... like "Lookit me!!!1 im cool i listen to joy durvision!!!!1 buy my moosik!!11"

or perhaps im just overly cynical... but it just seems to me that all the bands that sing about other (better) bands in their songs are just trying to appear cool to the fans of that band

I'm not feeling that. I mean the lyrics are "let's dance to joy division and celebrate the irony,"

That's just how the guy feels.
I like them, but they're almost too poppy. The lyrics are fun, and they get stuck in my head for ages, but, tbh, I don't think there's a huge amount of variety between their songs. It'll be interesting to see what a new album would sound like, and if they manage to evolve, or just stick with the same old stuff.
they seem pretty bad live and technically their skills aren't that great...

but they're just SO catchy
I think they kick lots and lots of ass.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
I spoke to them at a burger van whilst exceptionally drunk. Very drunk for 11am anyway.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
haha. so we agree they're catchy.