Which do you think is better for recording and also good for doing live shows? Fender or Marshall? I'm thinking about buying a Marshall, but Fender is more affordable for me.
They both make quite a few amps.... I assume you're comparing the MG and the Frontman? Both are scummy, scummy amps. How much money do you have and what music do you play?
They are both so different that you can't ever compare them. You never even told us what models you're comparing either.

How about we start off with you telling us what genres you play, your gear now and your budget?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Give us specific models or go home. Fender makes garbage amps and so does marshall. Fender made(Not the past tense) amazing amps and so did marshall. Fenders makes(Note the present tense) some decent amps and so does marshall.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
It's really just a matter of taste. Both have great tones, but you should go try each out for yourself. I'm more of a Fender guy, but most people like Marshalls. If you have the money, you might want to take a look at Boogies.
no versus threads plz

edit more details into the first post or this'll get baleted pretty quickly

budget, playing styles, location, what models youre looking at
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by minibrowny
I assume you're comparing the MG and the Frontman? Both are scummy, scummy amps. How much money do you have and what music do you play?

+1

Don't pay for the name on an amp like that. Fender and Marshall are only famous names because of their high-end amps.
I play rock and pop music. I have $800 dollars to spend on one, but if I can avoid it and this one fixed then I will. The amp I'm talking about is Fender Deluxe 900 90watt combo amp.
Last edited by alex0203 at Nov 2, 2008,
i honestly think both are overrated and overpriced
and dont buy the MG series marshall

just get a valve amp
crate makes some pretty good stuff for the price

but if you want a really nice amp
get a mesa roadster 2x12
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Quote by alex0203
I play rock and pop music

Umm, anything more specific? What's the budget? Are you gigging too, or just recording?
Any specific tones you're after?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by roarinflames
i honestly think both are overrated and overpriced
and dont buy the MG series marshall

just get a valve amp
crate makes some pretty good stuff for the price

but if you want a really nice amp
get a mesa roadster 2x12

So he's choosing between a Fender and a Marshall and you recommend a Rectifier series Mesa/Boogie?

Lets start with maybe recommending a Crate V series or a Peavey Classic 30.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Just get a Fender twin reverb and a marshall jtm 45 and you should be fine.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Get a ****ing ****er.

MARHSHA;LALS AND FENDDNERS ARE BOTHTHS CRAZPZ

This thread is a joke. Please give us some info on what styles you play, what models you are talking about, and what your budget is.
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by DDoug
MARHSHA;LALS AND FENDDNERS ARE BOTHTHS CRAZPZ

This thread is a joke. Please give us some info on what styles you play, what models you are talking about, and what your budget is.

thats not true, low end marshalls suck, but high end ones like jvms kick ass.
and fender just flat out dont suck, best cleans out of any other amp, you cant beat it.
of course it needs to be a fender tube amp, not one of those silly frontmans lol
Quote by stratdud39
thats not true, low end marshalls suck, but high end ones like jvms kick ass.
and fender just flat out dont suck, best cleans out of any other amp, you cant beat it.
of course it needs to be a fender tube amp, not one of those silly frontmans lol

I was joking about my first statement, hence the dreadful spelling.
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212