www.myspace.com/somedayutopia

Me and my band spent today and yesterday at a local studio recording our very first demo. We eventually finished two and a half songs, but have put of two on them on our Myspace.

The singing is a bit off in the first one (Sinking Ship), did not have time to make it better, but besides that I reckon it's decent enough. I especially liked how the second one, Release The Hounds, turned out.

Considering it's our first demo and first time recording any original material, I'm pretty satisfied.

Music and lyrics for both songs are written by myself. I play all guitar parts, and sing backing vocals.

Any thoughts or constructive criticism welcome!

-DW
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Thats actually really good. But its kinda weird how the piano is like 2x louder than the guitar. Only listened to the first song though.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Wow, that's pretty good. I loved the into for Sinking Ship. My only real fuss is yeah, the vocals need a bit of refining, but the voice itself is good. My other, uh... "unreal" fuss is that I'm not a huge fan of the guitar tone, but that's a nitpick. Overall, me like.

BTW, it's telling me Release the Hounds is unavailable, and yet I can clearly see a play count. What nonsense is this?
Quote by Fox McKalen
Wow, that's pretty good. I loved the into for Sinking Ship. My only real fuss is yeah, the vocals need a bit of refining, but the voice itself is good. My other, uh... "unreal" fuss is that I'm not a huge fan of the guitar tone, but that's a nitpick. Overall, me like.

BTW, it's telling me Release the Hounds is unavailable, and yet I can clearly see a play count. What nonsense is this?

Yeah, it's been doing that a bit. Try reloading the page, it usually works.

Glad you liked it, our next demo is sure to be better! And the guitar tone for Sinking Ship became perhaps a bit too metallic now in retrospect, but it is much better in Release The Hounds.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"