I've finally sold my epi LP and I am in the market for a new guitar. I have a guitar or 2 in mind and im going to buy one tommorow but since I still have some questions in if im missing any options I thought i'd ask. I play metal and rock mainly with some blues improv done for fun from time to time. I play stuff like black sabbath, metallica, death, slayer, ted nugent, led zeppelin type stuff for example. I play though a Mesa boogie Express 5:25 and I will give you a list of what the guitar must have.

- good pickups that wont need to be replaced
-FAST neck, thin and wide shredder style feels most comfortable to me
-a double locking trem that wont need to be replaced. OFR would be most likely
-shape doesnt matter really, i like lp , strat, V, bc rich shapes, im not picky with shapes
-24 frets
-any top woods would be nice but it isnt required.

I have about 650-670$ canadian to spend before taxes. (US prices are close to canadian for most brands)

Thanks all , looking for possible options.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Check out the schecters at that price. I just bought a schecter (not similar to what you want at all) and am really pleased with the quality and feel of the instrument. Also, since they're not Gibson, most of their axes can be found for half or less on ebay.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Ibanes S series, Jackson of some type, LTD, or like said before, if you can get one used, schecters have OFRs in the higher price range.
I loved the BC Rich assassin PX3T, just need to find one for the right price, any other options anyone? also schecters have fatter necks.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
I like the ibanez S series except for the fact that the stock pickups are not too impressive and it would be very expensive to upgrade them.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
A Jackson dinky imo. One of the best licensed FR's out there, and the DK2 or DKMG have great pickups
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
A Jackson dinky imo. One of the best licensed FR's out there, and the DK2 or DKMG have great pickups

Mainly worried about the lack of a neck humbucker.

I pretty sure I'm going to get a Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe. I dont think anything out there beats it in this price range.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
^ If i'm not mistaken (and i may very well be, i'm not much of a jackson knowledge pool), the DKMG has an HH configuration.
Quote by Tallyho
^ If i'm not mistaken (and i may very well be, i'm not much of a jackson knowledge pool), the DKMG has an HH configuration.

I was referring to DK2 sorry. But yes you are correct about the DKMG. The hex just seems to beat the DKMG out in every category and is 40$ cheaper. From what I've seen anyways.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Wasburn X40 Pro
Seymour Duncan pups and a Schaller Floyd rose. My friend just bought one and it's great.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w