Okay, so I have the most beautiful guitar (imo, so dont flame me), an Epiphone Les Paul in tobacco burst but I was just wondering whether switching the nut to a locking nut? I mean, I only play in standard E and will once in a blue moon will go in to standard D or any drop tunings. So should I do it?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
GO GO locking nut! you only need to tune your guitar once per string change , so its awesome
Well, locking nuts are mainly so your WHAMMY BAR (which a Les Paul shouldn't have) doesn't make your guitar go crazily out of tune. IMO, it would be more trouble and money than it's worth. It's not THAT hard to tune up every few days. And when you want to change tunings, it will be annoying.
Why would you get a locking nut when you don't have a whammy?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Zecromancer
Well, locking nuts are mainly so your WHAMMY BAR (which a Les Paul shouldn't have) doesn't make your guitar go crazily out of tune. IMO, it would be more trouble and money than it's worth. It's not THAT hard to tune up every few days. And when you want to change tunings, it will be annoying.

if i did put one on though would it never go out of tune?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by capslock123
GO GO locking nut! you only need to tune your guitar once per string change , so its awesome

You don't know what you're talking about. As has been said, when tightened the nut puts the guitar out of tune. Without the fine tuners at the bridge you'll never be in tune.
Quote by minibrowny
You don't know what you're talking about. As has been said, when tightened the nut puts the guitar out of tune. Without the fine tuners at the bridge you'll never be in tune.

cheers man, wasn't entirely sure but yeahhh