i've been telling myself im going to get a job for like 3 months and i've filled out like 20 applications and turned them in but have got no call backs.

where is an ideal place for a 16 year old and how should i do it? what did you guys do to get your first job.

i need money bad
I worked as a mosque-announcer back in the days. Didn't pay much, though.

If you're 16 try something simple, like mcdonalds, walmart or governor of alaska.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

If you're 16 try something simple, like mcdonalds, walmart or governor of alaska.

Oooooh you witty one, didn't expect that
Don't sit and wait for them to call you. BE AN ASSHOLE. Call the shit out of them cause then they will be fed up and say let's just give this kid a job so he stfu. GL
i'm in the same situation man. I'm 17, applied at like 5 or 6 places and haven't heard anything yet. Keep looking for signs, and don't be outrageously picky.
Go to college, concentrate on that.

Trust me, I left school at 16. A yr and a half later, and I'm still unemployed.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai

*ba dum tsh*

i'm gonna apply to be a bus boy at a fancy hotel near where i live
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by gamebreaker
Don't sit and wait for them to call you. BE AN ASSHOLE. Call the shit out of them cause then they will be fed up and say let's just give this kid a job so he stfu. GL

True, a lot of places wait for applicants to call back and check in on the application process. Wouldn't you only want to hire people that seemed to care a little bit about work?
20 isn't enough. Try 50. That's what it took my mate to get his first job.

Use a job search site as well? They're brilliant
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
You should start a major corporation.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
honestly i called this grocery store once a week for like a month and a half and they finally hired me this was two years ago now i am the front end supervisor and get like 32+ hours a week.

answer: call like an asshole until they hire you
Defend Your Dreams
It was the same for me about a year ago. I turned in about the same number of applications, and only got 1 call back, and then a few months later got calls from other places too. The thing is, every store that called me back were grocery stores, so my advice to you would be to apply at grocery stores. Although it might suck, stay there for a while, and always be positive about it, and after a while, you'll be able to get a good reference from your manager so you'll be able to move on to a better job.
“It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye...than it's fun and games you can't see anymore.”-James Hetfield
Quote by gamebreaker

A guy I know did that, they gave him the job as well.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Just try everywhere you can. I handed in quite a few applications before I even got a call back. Hopefully gonna know if I've got a job by the end of the week so yeah, just keep trying.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by gamebreaker

this. also, if you have any skills (for instance, programming), then emphasize these by all means. but only if you're good at it. if you suck, they'll be able to tell right away. but if you have some kind of qualification, its always a plus. (for instance, I'm a native english AND german speaker, I use this to get students to teach english to)
I'm 16 and working my first job. It's food. It sucks ass. It's above minimum wage by like a dollar, but it still sucks ass.

I won't be there for much longer though, I have to leave because my family is likely gonna be moving too far away for me to drive there daily. Yay!