My computer has been acting weird for about a week or so.

Whenever I play an audio, or video file there is a strange crackling and popping noise that happens at a constant rhythm along with the video lagging in sync with the sound error. Has this ever happened to anyone before? I have swept my hard drive looking for viruses and spy ware. Nothing. It can't be a problem with my sound card because video and processes lag in synchronization with the crackling and popping rhythm as well, if it were sound, it would just be sound that is messing up. The more processes I run, the more this occurs which brought me to the conclusion it could be a memory problem, but the CPU is operating at normal capacity.

Anyone have any ideas?

I did post this in the Computer thread, but I see that posts are few and far between there. I want to solve this issue quick.
We'll Have You Dead Pretty Soon

Quote by dariusfinch
it means that people go to this to thread to masturbate
then leave without so much as a damn thank you!!

It pisses me off!!!

*masturbates*
*leaves*
searchbarz for teh lulz
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by metaldog_USMC

I did post this in the Computer thread, but I see that posts are few and far between there. I want to solve this issue quick.

Which is why we should get rid of threads like that...

Oh hey whats that in my sig...

But on topic. The crackling I have only ever experienced when my speakers have been faulty but that hasn't ever caused lagging.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I really doubt it to be damaged speakers. The video and applications I run on my computer lag in sync with the sound anomaly, so I am thinking its a software issue. Maybe drivers, but I don't really have much knowledge on that sort of thing.
We'll Have You Dead Pretty Soon

Quote by dariusfinch
it means that people go to this to thread to masturbate
then leave without so much as a damn thank you!!

It pisses me off!!!

*masturbates*
*leaves*
forbidden thread.

"I did post this in the Computer thread, but I see that posts are few and far between there. I want to solve this issue quick."

i guess you're just too important for the rules.

*reported*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
forbidden thread.

"I did post this in the Computer thread, but I see that posts are few and far between there. I want to solve this issue quick."

i guess you're just too important for the rules.

*reported*

You and your ilk are ruining the Pit...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I