This is my current rig:
MG Halfstack (yuck)
2006 Fender MIM HSS Strat
ESP LTD Explorer EX-260
EHX Small Clone, Boss DD-3, MXR Phase 90, Ibanez TS-9DX, EHX Metal Muff, Dunlop Crybaby, Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, EHX Little Big Muff
My hopful future rig:
JCM 900 50 watt 2x12 combo
2006 Fender MIM HSS Strat
Gibson Explorer standard (white)
Same board except:
-change the ts-9dx to a maxon od-808
-toss the metal muff
-mod the wah for better voicing and more of a sweep etc.
-add a mxr 10 band eq
-replace the dd-3 with a boss dd-7

what do you guys think, i know it will be an improvement, but i'm hoping to hit all of that within the next year
also i play classic/hard rock, thrash metal, alternative, and just straight rock
will this rig hit nirvana, metallica, led zeppelin, smashing pumpkins, slayer, acdc and all that well?
thanks
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
sounds good. and expensive. if you have the money and you like all the stuff, go for it
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Sounds alright. I'm not the biggest JCM900 fan though. Just not my thing.

yeah i've heard that
its unfortunate that it always gets compared to the jcm 800, and if your playing a ton classic rock than yeah, i see the 800 wins
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I would spend the extra cash to get the half stack instead of the combo. When the tubes are mounted in the same unit as the speakers the vibrations shake the tubes, and it's kind of like shaking a lightbulb. It's not the worst thing that you could do to tubes, but you could be much nicer to them.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
sounds good. and expensive. if you have the money and you like all the stuff, go for it

haha, well yeah like i said i own a lot of my board already, and the strat, and the explorer i'll probably get used, same with the 900, and it will take like i said a year
but yeah i hear you on that one
some things are worth spending on
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I'd probably go for a better delay something a little more analog sounding. Although I'm not a big digital delay kind of guy
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by mcrfobtai
Try an 800 instead

I agree, I mean, that's what slayer used if I'm not mistaken.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I agree, I mean, that's what slayer used if I'm not mistaken.

eh sorta, i mean its weird because think about it, in the early years metallica and slayer probably used 800's, but i mean eventually they moved on to mesas (well at least metallica did) because the 800's were probably too hard to push day in and day out like that
plus the 800 is more expensive than the 900 for me, its out of my price range
edit: also not to mention that my music is slowly changing to be way more modern than classic, which in general if you want more modern than classic 900>800
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by mcrfobtai
You probably should just go for a DSL then

yeah tried the dsl (was my suggestion) wasn't my thing
i'm going for a combo, and my brothers roomate had a dsl40, and it was muddy as heck

edit: why dsl over a 900?
i don't see any advantage
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Last edited by acdclandon at Nov 2, 2008,