Fender Mexico?
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Try an MIM strat. They're like MIA strats but less than half the cost. What's your budget?
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
honestly, the new squire strat deluxe looks really nice and has got some good reviews, it sounds good too, if you google search it there's a post on a forum where the guy plays it through a vox i think...i'm probably going to get flamed saying that, but w/e... rondo music has a few good strat style guitars, the agile line, i don't know about the SX ones.
Quote by drewsta42
Try an MIM strat. They're like MIA strats but less than half the cost. What's your budget?

+1 they're like 1/4 the price of the mia's
Quote by Chad11491
honestly, the new squire strat deluxe looks really nice and has got some good reviews, it sounds good too, if you google search it there's a post on a forum where the guy plays it through a vox i think...i'm probably going to get flamed saying that, but w/e... rondo music has a few good strat style guitars, the agile line, i don't know about the SX ones.

I'm really looking at something extremely solid that will last me for years, I like my current squire, but i am really looking at something more higher end.

Quote by drewsta42

I heard that they aren't build very well, and the fretboards wear easily?

850-900ish...the MIA strat is 1,100 + 15%sales tax :/
I have a Schecter C-1+ and it's pretty good, I love LOVE coiltapping, so you could always go for a C-1+ or Classic like linksmaker suggests. Personally I find the vine shit on the Classic fretboard to be obnoxious though. As for quality on the MIMs, it depends on the specific instrument, and you could always just go try-before-you-buy it. There are some upscale ones around seven hundo, like the Classic '60s and such, which are nicer in terms of materials but harder to find at, say, Guitar Center for a test run.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Quote by Swap-Meet

Why don't you go into a music shop and tryout a few strat style guitars, hey don't limit yourself, you might find something else you like

But don't just judge a whole range of guitars, well each guitar is different, you get the great ones and bad ones, but once you find your perfect one it'll be awesome
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Quote by drewsta42
I have a Schecter C-1+ and it's pretty good, I love LOVE coiltapping, so you could always go for a C-1+ or Classic like linksmaker suggests. Personally I find the vine shit on the Classic fretboard to be obnoxious though. As for quality on the MIMs, it depends on the specific instrument, and you could always just go try-before-you-buy it. There are some upscale ones around seven hundo, like the Classic '60s and such, which are nicer in terms of materials but harder to find at, say, Guitar Center for a test run.

i want a humbucker in it...the RI's don't come with them
Ibanez S series are very, very nice.
Not so much a strat shape, think a very heavily carved down strat.
For $600 give or take you can get a very nice one.
Quote by Swap-Meet
I'm really looking at something extremely solid that will last me for years, I like my current squire, but i am really looking at something more higher end.

The MIM Standards are actually really decent guitars, and considering the necks are made in America and are just shipped to Mexico, the necks don't wear or anything like that.

You could get a Fender Deluxe Lone Star if you want a humbucker in the Strat, and that's a really good guitar, with American pickups (one SD Pearly Gates humbucker and two Texas Specials, if I'm not mistaken) and things like that, or you could get a Deluxe Players one, which again has American pickups (Vintage Noisless single coils, which sound awesome). Both are MIA quality and play amazingly.

Or, if you still want a good Fender, look at the Classic Player ones, the 50s and 60s models, both Custom Shop designed. The 50s has Fender 57/62 pickups, used in the American Vintage models, so it sounds really good, and the 60s one has handwound Custom Shop 69s, which again sound brilliant. The 50s model also has locking tuners, which is a nice feature. Both have a two point trem, which is also really nice, and you normally only get them on American models.

So, if you're looking for a Strat, I HIGHLY recommend those models, for a real Fender. They're all pretty versatile aswell, like normal Strats, and by the looks of your budget, you can afford them.

EDIT: LINKAGE!

Deluxe Players

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Players-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511597

Lone Star

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Lonestar-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=515526

Classic Player 50s

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-Player-50s-Stratocaster?sku=512766

Classic Player 60s

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-Player-60s-Stratocaster?sku=512767
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Nov 2, 2008,
Quote by Swap-Meet

oops, thought you were on a really tight budget.. well you can still get an HSS american strat. Won't the salesmen come off any on their price? if not you could always find one on ebay or craigslist.

if you don't mind the floyd rose, the jackson DK2M is a really good guitar in my opinion.
Quote by Lil Macker
The MIM Standards are actually really decent guitars, and considering the necks are made in America and are just shipped to Mexico, the necks don't wear or anything like that.

You could get a Fender Deluxe Lone Star if you want a humbucker in the Strat, and that's a really good guitar, with American pickups (one SD Pearly Gates humbucker and two Texas Specials, if I'm not mistaken) and things like that, or you could get a Deluxe Players one, which again has American pickups (Vintage Noisless single coils, which sound awesome). Both are MIA quality and play amazingly.

Or, if you still want a good Fender, look at the Classic Player ones, the 50s and 60s models, both Custom Shop designed. The 50s has Fender 57/62 pickups, used in the American Vintage models, so it sounds really good, and the 60s one has handwound Custom Shop 69s, which again sound brilliant. The 50s model also has locking tuners, which is a nice feature. Both have a two point trem, which is also really nice, and you normally only get them on American models.

So, if you're looking for a Strat, I HIGHLY recommend those models, for a real Fender. They're all pretty versatile aswell, like normal Strats, and by the looks of your budget, you can afford them.

EDIT: LINKAGE!

Deluxe Players

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Players-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511597

Lone Star

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Lonestar-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=515526

Classic Player 50s

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-Player-50s-Stratocaster?sku=512766

Classic Player 60s

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-Player-60s-Stratocaster?sku=512767

Do they have the same feel as the MIA?

+ i wouldn't want the guitars with only singles

another reason why I am looking at another guitar besides the strat is cause I would LOVE something with a strat body & neck with 2 buckers, and one single coil

Quote by Chad11491
oops, thought you were on a really tight budget.. well you can still get an HSS american strat. Won't the salesmen come off any on their price? if not you could always find one on ebay or craigslist.

if you don't mind the floyd rose, the jackson DK2M is a really good guitar in my opinion.

The salesman can lower the price but, i doubt he can take 350$ off the price...
If you want an MIA, you might want to search Ebay or Craigs List. They usually have good-quality MIA strats.
did you check out the carvin link?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ok, i realized you were from canada after i posted that, but i think it'll still about the same price as an imported fender MIM, and made in america.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
ok, i realized you were from canada after i posted that, but i think it'll still about the same price as an imported fender MIM, and made in america.

Sale Price: $ 629.00
MIM Standard = 399$
MIA Standard = 999-1099

+200-300$ in shipping/duty...for like an extra 70$ I'd rather get the strat (it just wouldn't have the finish I want )

* don't forget the 15% sales tax

+ i don't wanna buy something I can't try out first.
i meant one of the other mim strats mentioned above, not the standard.
like if you were looking at a classic series, but were dead against a MIM, like it seemed you were.

but yeah whatever.

carvin makes excellent guitars and meet the specs your looking for. but if it's expensive, nothing you can do.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
i meant one of the other mim strats mentioned above, not the standard.
like if you were looking at a classic series, but were dead against a MIM, like it seemed you were.

but yeah whatever.

carvin makes excellent guitars and meet the specs your looking for. but if it's expensive, nothing you can do.

If i see anything from carvin at the guitar store when I go sometime this week again, I'll definitely try it out, not gonna rule it out just cause it's not as popular as fender
you should try out some godin guitars, they are awesome for their price, they play really well. I mean, you can get a handmade in Canada for 500$, and you live in Montreal so you won't have trouble finding one
Quote by Raxef
If you want an MIA, you might want to search Ebay or Craigs List. They usually have good-quality MIA strats.

This. An American Fender Strat can be had for a good price if you're patient. Especially now with the economy going downhill and people needing money.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Alright so I went to the guitar store and tried out quite a few guitars

LP Custom (epi)...meh..
PRS SE Singlecut....amazing
Fender Jaguar HH...i gotta learn how to use the controls..
Ibanez S470DXQM....I would get it, but I hate floyd rose
MIA HSS Strat....amazing, but dunno if I can get that kind of cash
Fender H1 strat, played/felt nice, but something was missing compared to the MIA
Fender MIM Standard strat...not bad, but the MIA is alot better
Fender Lonestar Strat...pretty good but something is missing.

so right now I am thinking of the PRS SE Singlecut, or the H1...I am going to another guitar store tomorrow though, seeing what they have, and play around on some.

Don't think the MIA strat is a possibility now...1,100 + tax just seems too much atm.

Didn't notice any carvins

Quote by DSOTM80
This. An American Fender Strat can be had for a good price if you're patient. Especially now with the economy going downhill and people needing money.

no HSS strats on craigslist / kijiji
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Nov 3, 2008,
Quote by Sguit
you should try out some godin guitars, they are awesome for their price, they play really well. I mean, you can get a handmade in Canada for 500$, and you live in Montreal so you won't have trouble finding one

This.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Swap-Meet
i'm not gonna order something online that I've never played before

Too bad, Carvin builds some high quality stuff. Lots of famous endorsers. But I do understand where you are coming from. I've had the fortune of playing a few.
Quote by Swap-Meet
no HSS strats on craigslist / kijiji

Yup thats why you gotta be patient. If you want something now then buy it new. I waited over 3 months to finally nail that perfct buy of what I wanted.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst