For Blues, and Metal style.......There are a lot at my guitar center, I bought one called "giants of metal"

It's not bad, but it pretty much just has "styles" of bands like AC/DC, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Sabbath, Zeppelin.

It's more of telling you what to play, and not techniques how to play which is what I'm looking for.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!
Quote by cundinamarca89
at my high school, some chick gave birth during prom in the bathroom and left the baby in the toilet.
Check out different Hal Leonard books theyre prettty good,there are certain books which teach u different techniques,others teach u how to play songs etc.
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by BigMike616
For Blues, and Metal style.......There are a lot at my guitar center, I bought one called "giants of metal"

It's not bad, but it pretty much just has "styles" of bands like AC/DC, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Sabbath, Zeppelin.

It's more of telling you what to play, and not techniques how to play which is what I'm looking for.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

Try some Youtube videos... i've seen a bunch that are "in the style of...." type videos. Try a bookstore and take your time - flip through the books until you find one you like.
For blues, I'd definately recommend "Blues You Can Use" by John Ganapes, published by Hal Leonard. I've no idea what level you're at, but as long as you're not an absolute and total beginner, it'll not be too hard to get started on, and there's plenty in there in the way of scales, chord progressions, chord voicings, and all that kinda stuff. It's also quite nicely paced (well, for me at least), as it doesn't seem to suffer from the "Lesson 1 - Simple 12-bar blues progression, nice n' slow... Lesson 2 - Sonny Landreth's entire back catalogue, played blindfolded, at the bottom of the well, beset by sex dwarves" jumps in difficulty some of these things exhibit.

Some of the exercise pieces actually sound pretty good as well, which is always a plus with this sort of stuff.
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.